• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Major Gameplay bug) Scion Gauss should not alternate*

Started by Bull Dog, December 02, 2004, 10:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The 'skip' takes place as the MW changes.  Watch the game.histogram report, specifically showWorld(#), and you'll see that shooting an alternating fire weapon entirely in one world results in a totally normal alternate fire.  Shooting it so that one shot occurs, then the world # changes, then the next shot occurs, reveals the skip.

So, it's not a rendering thing as the missing shots are actually missing.   The two worlds have you firing at different times, and from my experience any time the two worlds are doing something different there's a bug at a very basic level at fault.  This always causes lag.

Ken would probably say it's an 'uninitialized vector' or some such thing...

-Av-

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

QuoteThe Pulse Stab does hesitate enough every shot to show the shell as it leaves the barrel.

I do hope your not refering to my post red devil...the whole ' not reading posts properly ' think can be rather embarising.

My reference to the pulse stab thing was a reference to how in 1.3 Emp Stream (i.e. the assault mode) has this *god awful* sound affect of pulse stab for no apparent reason.

APCs r evil

That's because lockdown_a has sandbag.wav for a shot sound, it didn't make that sound in 1.2 because sandbag.wav was not in 1.2, although several ODF's called for it.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Then please, someone change the odf in the next build so it does not have that damned noise!

I think i shall go though the whole game and find out how many odd/unusual noises there are that shouldn't be there or should be different. I think a new sound affect is definatly needed for the bomber and apc 'deploy' sounds for example.