• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Major Gameplay bug) Scion Gauss should not alternate*

Started by Bull Dog, December 02, 2004, 10:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull Dog

I know this has been mentioned somewhat before but it really needs to be fixed.  In the 1.3pb patch the Gauss weapon alternates.  Now since alternating weapons seem to cause lag, there are 2 options.

1.  The simplest by far,  Simply remove the shotAlternate command if it hasn't already been done.

2.  Harder and maybe impossiable would be to figure out why they have problems in the 1.3pb in multiworld.  I again don't know if this has already been done or not.

I can't tell you how annoying it is to try to shoot a scout that starts warping worse becuase a weapon is causing somekind of wierd lag.

* Again I don't know it this has been addressed or not.  If it has then disregard my post.

Zero Angel

I'd classify this as a major bug as well. Bravo.  :)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Wingflier

lol we congratulate people for finding bad things about the game we love playing :P

Hippocrits!

:lol:

Bull Dog

Quote from: Zero AngelI'd classify this as a major bug as well. Bravo.  :)

ty

DarkFox

Last time I played 1.3, the alternating fire bug had been fixed, so it was not an issue.

Search the changelog for the world 'alternating' or 'alternate'

Zero Angel

Then the bug I noticed mustve been with a "cannon" classlabel weapon being set to fire too fast. I have noticed such problems even with salvo type weapons that have a fast shotspeed, so its not completely fixed.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

APCs r evil

Quote from: DarkFoxLast time I played 1.3, the alternating fire bug had been fixed, so it was not an issue.

Are you sure you were in multiworld? As far as I know this bug hasn't been fixed.

Bull Dog

EDIT:  The problem hasn't been fixed in non multiworld environments, it doesn't exist.

However in multiworld......Things are different.  I think had a MPI on lan by my self with MFW at 1 one time and I think Guass worked fine then, but other than that, It's always cuased laggy conditions.

Wingflier

Specifically does it cause laggy conditions for the person firing the guass?  
Or for the people around the person firing the guass?

I just played a MWF 1 game and I didn't really notice anything different...

Of course I was the one with the guass...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Adam

Bull Dog

The person using the Guass has the problems.  The ISDF scout with chain or laser desen't have any problems, as I should be able to testify to, seeing as how on a few occasion I was using Gauss and when I started firing he became harder to hit.  Only real fix was to resort to rapidally clicking on the mouse, but then I couldn't shoot as fast.

DarkFox

I know the bug, you don't have to explain it. Could someone who HAS 1.3 please go and test this out?
It's easy to test, just start a multiplayer game on your own, pick up a gauss gun crate, then start picking up lots of different crates. If the gauss gun starts looking wierd, then the bug is still in.

(yes, this bug is caused by picking up crates while equipped with an alternate fire weapon).

Bull Dog

I'll be doing that this evening.  I know Ive done that before and the operation  of the weapon has gotten even stranger.  I do think that the bug where the fire rate increased by x2 when you had a Alternating weapon and you picked up another crate for a different hard point has been fixed.  Anyhow I gotta go.  Off to try to help GSH make 1.3 better for the world.

Edit:  I should clairfy.  The bug is that weapons what alternate do not graphically do what the underlying damage calculator says they do.  That cuases visiual lag, makes the weapon much harder to use or really it makes it harder to hit a target that is trying to wobble kill you while your firing hit-scan weapons.  I'm not talking about that expllot bug thing in 1.2.

Spawn

its only visual, so, well, learn to live with it for now.  but does it actually make warp/lag bigger?  and if your playing alone, remember to use game.multiworld or its just single player...

Bull Dog

Thats just the point.  It causes visiual lag for the player using the weapon.  Wierd things start to happen.  The simplest fix would be to simply make the gauss non-alternating.

DarkFox

Have you confirmed that it's not fixed in 1.3 yet bull dog?