• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

bz2editor bug?

Started by shane ward, January 05, 2005, 11:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

I was working on a map using the BZ2 Editor Program that came with the 1.3 patch and I think I found a little error, well not too sure...

The bzeditor, I do not think it used the DLL or loads and runs the script, I found this error when all the races on the map started to attack eachother, I used guntowers and units from other teams to all ally, using the dll, and then attack the player, but when I was editing the pathpoints the game was runing in real time and all the units died when they should not. leaving me to put all the damn units back and cleaning the bloody mess, Is there a code I can use to make the dll activate or to stop the units attacking eachother, or is this something forgotten :P

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Lizard

the ability to run dll's has been removed from the editor in 1.3 , presumably to make sure there is no way to edit online . To be quite honest it doesn't really make a lot of difference once you get used to the idea . I now just have 2 shortcuts for each map , one to edit and one to test with , one shortcut points to bzedit.exe the other to bzone.exe .

I thought it would be a real handicap no being able to run dll's in the editor , but surprisingly enough it isn't a problem at all , especially with 1.3's superior debugging features .

shane ward

Well, I kinda solved the problem now, but it is a little annoying that you cannot pause the realtime when you are editing the paths. then save everything then resume, like the editor does.
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2