• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Critical Error in the 1.3 Beta

Started by shane ward, January 06, 2005, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

I thought I should post this as this error is starting to annoy me and it is really beginning to corrupt files in my mod.

Every time I try and run 1.3 battlezone 2 sooner or later I get a Blue Screen Crash and my system become unusable, I have to reset and loose everything and corrupt files also.

This happens a lot in the editor and happens every time when I play normal battlezone 2, but I do not play that often  :p
But it happened quite frequently in the editor.
The error message is this.

ALCXSENS(02) +00009167 error!:0E:0028FFOEC3C7

Any insight would be helpful or Idears to make it more stable, without changing operating system!!!!  :evil:

My system: -
Intel 2.80GHZ
80GB HDD
Windows ME
Intel(r) 82852/82855 GM/GMR Graphics
DX9

It's a Laptop computer!
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Bull Dog

Gaaaaaaa.  Windows ME?  If you are too cheap to get a copy of WinXP at least temperally pirate your self a copy of Win2k.  Oh,  I didn't just say that either. :D

I also have no Idea what would be cuasing your problem.

Spawn

are you sure it isnt heat related?
bz2 has been known to raise the cpu temp more then other things...

shane ward

LOL, Yes The fans tend to go a little faster when running bz2, I think I have fixed the prob, it's something to do with the sound, so I turned off 3d sound and also hardware thinngy.....

I have XP on my system but I do not like it, and I would not let it online!!!!  :roll:

Ungodly

You prefer winMe over XP?   Comon ... this is a joke right .... am i being 'Punk'd' ?  .... Really now .. where's the camera's

CmptrWz

Dude, at least UPGRADE to 98SE, would ya?

No, I do not have that backwards, despite the release dates saying otherwise.

OvermindDL1

Yes, at least goto 88SE if not XP, ME was just a failure; Microsoft's attempt to remove DOS from the 9x kernal, did not succeed, highely unstable.  As for sound, I know of no laptop save for the $2500+ ones that have hardware sound, so it should be obvious why that would be crashing, ME (Windows in general really, but ME just reports things wrong, it should say you don't have hardware sound and BZ2 should not allow it then) cannot emulate hardware sound properly, if it can at all.  Get rid of the horrible 9x systems, especially on something of that speed.  By the way, that graphics chipset does not even have its own memory, can usually get good laptops with a pretty decent chipset... which that is not...

technoid

Quote from: OvermindDL1Yes, at least goto 88SE if not XP, ME was just a failure;
I wouldn't recommend 88SE, unless you like blocky UI graphics, which is why M$ went to Win 3.0.   :P

OvermindDL1

shane ward

:shock:  I was only telling about a little error in Battlezone 2 which seems to be working now, and my computer is FINE!"!"!! It's a Topshiba Satellite pro A30 and I got it for Ã,£500.. and I like it  :D

Memory is no problem as I have 512MB of it.

The only downside is the graphics. My desktop is better.

My system does have XP Pro on it, it's a dule boot.

Anyway, there might be a sound problem in Battlezone when it is used in ME  :(  thought the makers should know.

shane ward

:shock:  I was only telling about a little error in Battlezone 2 which seems to be working now, and my computer is FINE!"!"!! It's a Topshiba Satellite pro A30 and I got it for Ã,£500.. and I like it  :D

Memory is no problem as I have 512MB of it.

The only downside is the graphics. My desktop is better.

My system does have XP Pro on it, it's a dule boot.

Anyway, there might be a sound problem in Battlezone when it is used in ME  :(  thought the makers should know.

Bull Dog

ME (aka Mutiple Errors or anything two words that are derogatory) is a total hunk of /censored/ Garbage.  I have very little good stuff about it. Like I said before if you can't stand WinXP then get at least try Win2k.

But hey my no-activation copy of WinXP works great.

Fishbone

Actually, I found ME to be great IF you are only surfing the net and reading email.
BUT as soon as you start using your computer for what it was made and not a simple MSN home entertainment system, you will want to use a real OS ;)

OvermindDL1

Why would someone not want/like WinXP over WinME, that just makes absolutely no logical sense at all.

PhoeniX-FlamE

sure it does, if your comp is old and rinky it might not be able to run XP, XP needs at least 512 ram for normal use, while ME can hold ok with 128 (lol, old proggies and games)

ME was/is preaty good for games actualy, espicely old games, besides that - it is unstable pieace of crap