• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Patiently waiting

Started by Paradox, May 07, 2005, 07:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Howdy Folks,

Mostly a lurker, going way back to the pandi boards, I haven't posted in many years.  Haven't played BZ/BZ2 in many years either.  But I check back every weekend to determine what progress there may have been on the 1.3 patch.

I just want to let those who are working on the patch know that I am patiently waiting for the final version of the it to be released, and appreciate all their efforts to produce it.  I'm sure I won't be the only one who is quietly anticipating it, so please keep up the good work, and many thanks.

Paradox

OvermindDL1

Don't worry, it is well worth it and not far off now.  Slowed down slightly due to GSH's need to finish BattleFront2 first, but almost done.  And be amazed at the mods that are built off of it, truly amazing in every regard.

Eraser

Not far off as in 6 months or not far off as in only one or two?

I'm dying to play av's bz1 mod

Fried

1 serious problem to fix thats being a pain to solve, a few tweaks here and there and GSH having some spare time is what we need.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Will there be the oppotunity to change it after public release? Like for example if the mauler hasn't had its head fixed from the current public beta...or if hornet missiles still don't track VIRphantom cloaked units...

Commando

The mauler can't be fixed without the xsi being completely redone.  You can try it yourself by copying all of the mauler xsis from the xsi packs and pasting them in your 1.3 addon directory.  You'll need to open up the xsis in wordpad and save them so their modified date is more recent than the msh's creation date.  The head will bob correctly, but the head won't turn correctly so you can only look and shoot straight ahead.

I brought up the VIR and fafs not working with it.

In order to get the mauler restored, a new xsi would need to be created.  I don't remember all of the details as to what will need to be done to the xsi.  I think said the head would need to be relinked to to dummyroot.

Spawn

wasnt it said to be impossible because of the neck adding thing?

Scout

Bull Dog

Mmm Don't we all.  

Dx9 Engine with pixel shaders....drool.

OvermindDL1

Bah, gimme DX10. :)

Basically DX9 with a few minor upgrades, but it is the actual rendering engine of Windows, rather then the old things like MFC and such...

Bull Dog

Quote from: OvermindDL1Bah, gimme DX10. :)

Basically DX9 with a few minor upgrades, but it is the actual rendering engine of Windows, rather then the old things like MFC and such...

Just cant be happy with "enough" can you OM?

OvermindDL1

Currently, the windows screen draws are very slow, not at all real time, that is why movies and such play to an offscreen buffer upon which the video card overlays any color on the screen with the movie and such.  The new desktop in longhorn is built extremely similier to Mac OSX Tiger in which the entire screen is drawn in video card, everything is its own material drawn onto polys.  Games and such can run on the desktop, interacting with it if they wanted even...

I just like the fact I wouldn't have to double buffer my programs anymore to prevent flicker and white patches.

APCs r evil

Quote from: Spawnwasnt it said to be impossible because of the neck adding thing?

From what I read about it, (Posted below) I can't quite tell if it is impossible entirely, or if it simply requires a total rebuild of the Mauler XSI and it's animations.

Quote from: GSHYou can have the head bob, vertically. Or you can have it sway side to side. If it's a "pick 1," then people took the second.

Quote from: AvatarThe problem with fixing the Mauler is the 'mesh stretch' form of animation it uses. I've tried to fix the bob via notepad but there's no decent 'neck' object to swap animations with. I can't come up with anything decent this way.

The original Mauler had both the "Head" and the HP_EYEPOINT animated, which to me is a big no-no. (never animate an HP unless absolutely necessary) This is what 'locked' the Head in 1.3.

Maybe Lizard could use Soft to add a 'neck' and animate the 'bob' via it...

(that was a question, sortof)  :)  

Hopefully my posting that won't piss anyone off or violate and rules, if it does, just edit this post please.

And as to the thermalmissile/imagecloak interactions, I have had absolutely no response whenever I posted about it.

Bull Dog

Quote from: OvermindDL1Currently, the windows screen draws are very slow, not at all real time, that is why movies and such play to an offscreen buffer upon which the video card overlays any color on the screen with the movie and such.  The new desktop in longhorn is built extremely similier to Mac OSX Tiger in which the entire screen is drawn in video card, everything is its own material drawn onto polys.  Games and such can run on the desktop, interacting with it if they wanted even...

I just like the fact I wouldn't have to double buffer my programs anymore to prevent flicker and white patches.

On with DX10 and Longhorn (err WGF1 and Vista now)  :D

Spawn

your really that excited for an os that is subscription based?