• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Re: BZ2 v1.3 Public Beta 2 Rant

Started by deadscion, December 26, 2005, 06:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

How about this for a progress update, look at the changelog in the public beta, double its size. :)
Don't worry, fixing up a few things then should be a release.  They are trying to get every little thing fixed.  If you do things afterall, why do a half-a**ed job? :P

deadscion

That is still double talk which translated means nothing and says nothing specific. Just another statement most folks have to take at face value and still wonder what is going on.

Sonic

Nathan is the only one working on the 1.3 Patch.  It has been said before, the BZ2 code is a monstrous web of code all intertwinged and knoted together.  Fixing one thing can break another thing, changing this can cause an unintended effect.  It took a team of developers to make BZ2, who were rushed nether the less by Activision to come out with a release of a product that wasn't finished.  Now we have one man, spending his free time patching up the game, adding to it and overall making it more enjoyable.  But people like you Deadscion couldn't appreciate that.  You had to attack Nathan personally, attack the way the game was changed, arguing over stupid things.  You never once considered the time of coding Nathan has put into it, never mind the fact that allot of the code he was tweaking wasn't his specialty area.  Now you are arguing because the public has been kept in the dark about the progress or more likely, because YOU are in the dark.  Nathan has every right to keep the latest beta's to a group of loyal testers who have earned his trust.  He knows these testers will TEST the thing, not argue or bitch over trivial matters or yell in his face because his post wasn't the 'most friendly' it could have been.

Just calm down and wait like everyone else for the next public beta.  Stop trying to rush things and re-do the mistake Activision did when this game was first released.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

deadscion

Quit talking with your head up your butt.

Some kind of regular progress report is not going to kill anyone.

What is your problem with that? sheesh!!!

you can take as long as you want? and nobody has the right to ask why? and nobody has the right to know why? and nobody has the right to know what you are doing?

try again,,,,,,

Sonic

Progress Reports was a privilege, actions like yours caused the community to loose it.  Deal With It.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

CmptrWz

Quote from: deadscion on December 26, 2005, 07:11:35 PMQuit talking with your head up your butt.

Sorry, but you seem to be the one refusing to listen to others right now.

Quoteyou can take as long as you want?

Yes, because Nathan and the private beta team are the ones doing it. Nobody is being paid for it. There is no company issueing a deadline. So yes, Nathan can take as long as he wants.

Quoteand nobody has the right to ask why?

You have the right to free speech, so yes you have the right to ask why.

Quoteand nobody has the right to know why? and nobody has the right to know what you are doing?

Unlike ASKING, you have no god or government given rights to know why or what is being done. Until you can find a constitutional amendment or applicable state law that says otherwise and present it to us, anyway.

deadscion

This leave one conclusion, you guys don't want anyone to know what is going on because you have no intention of releasing this patch.

It is your own private gaming group.

I hope you enjoy yourselves while you can, because in the long run you will not.

Kalshion

[looks at every post by deadscion]

Will you just shut up already?

You complain
You whin
You Bash Nathan
You bash the Beta Team
You bash 1.3

And you SERIOUSLY except Nathan to RELEASE 1.3? You don't seem to realize that because of your pig headedness that it's possibly the REASON 1.3 next public beta hasn't been released

Did that thought ever OCCUR to you? No? Not surprising

You seem to think that just because YOU say so.. means it must occur

Nathan, along with the beta testing group, don't have a company backing them up. They have JOBS that they must go to in order to pay there next billls, it's even possible some of the beta group might even be in college, maybe even lower depending. That means they have other responsbilitys as well

You realize, that Nathan could've very well decided NOT to work on the 1.3 Patch, the reason he's probably doing it is out of GENEROSITY for the community, but you stroll in here and bitch like some f***ing 4 year old kid who sh*t his diapers and needs a change. GROW UP ALREADY; the world DOES NOT revolve around YOU!

Now, get a life Deadscion and stop annoying Nathan, or else you could very well be looking at the "We are sorry, but we are unable to connect you to this site, Reason: Banned Fool" and quite frankly, you are a reason why the patch is probably being held up for so long. To be fully honest, I don't like people who bash others when those others have been putting time, sweet, effort, and perhaps even MONEY into there work, only to have some idiot come on and start bashing there work, not bothering to submit any credible feedback, nor bothering to submit anything to help the community

The community lost it's priv's to have a Status Report of some kind BECAUSE of idiots like YOU! Perhaps if you would just shut up and let Nathan the Beta Group do what they've been doing for the past [checks] three years, then maybe the patch will be out. Until then though, and as long as you keep bashing Nathan and the BGs, you might be looking at another six months, maybe a year, which quite frankly I don't truely mind, because if the community is not going to try and shut you up for your bashing and attitude, then perhaps we willfully deserve the treatment where getting

[takes a breather]

Ever since you registered on this board, you've done nothing but complain. Complained about this, and about that, and you wonder why you are not on the Beta Group? You should probably figure it out yourself, it's your constant complaints that have caused you to loss the priv's of being a beta tester. Qutie frankly, I hope Nathan NEVER makes you a tester, because with your attitude, I feel he would lose his mind

Red Devil

Here's a status report for you, DS:  Just me alone in the past week, I have had 230 BZ starts for testing purposes.  What have you done to help?  Bitch and moan in an effort to try and ruin everybody's Christmas with your Grinch attitude, that's what.  I'm sorry you had such a bad Christmas this year that you feel you need to take it out on the ones trying to make things better for you.
What box???

Lizard

DS it may by now have come to your attention that nobody round here could care less about your opinion anymore, this is because you have proven to everyone time and again what a loud mouthed trouble maker you are. Nobody takes any notice of you, nobody gives a damn about your opinion, why on earth do even you bother posting here ? Don't you realise what a fool you look ? one man alone ranting against the will of the entire community, you're a nutter mate, maybe you should go visit a shrink, you so obviously have issues. 

deadscion

Last January 2005, you guys said you were close to finishing.
Last June 2005, you said you were close to finishing.

Now it is December 2005 and you still are not finished refuse to tell us what you are doing and will not give a release date.

You guys have no intention of ever releasing this patch so why even bother telling me what kind of bad person I am?

I call it the way I see it and if you don't like it then ban me assholes, because you have still deliberately failed to prove otherwise.

Everything you have said here is the same double talk you have been saying for years, nothing about nothing and bragging about fixed bugs the public can not use.

deadscion

This topic is just full of stuff calling me a bad person as an excuse not to inform the public as to what you are doing.

This entire topic fails to inform the public of anything you are doing.

Using me, my past and the public's past as an excuse to be a closed society is rather childish.

Sooner or later this closed society hoot has to stop or trouble like me will continue to follow you.

History will tell you I am not the first and I will not be the last to challenge you on this issue.

Ban me or tell these folks something about what is going on with the 1.3 patch, because I am not going to shut up.

Spacecomber

An opportunity to test out the ignore button.  Cool.

APCs r evil

Sigh.... Guess I have to go back to the default skin.  :cry:

squirrelof09

You know DS, if you were in the beta team you would probably see why they keep holding it back longer and longer. But, your not, so you just seen some freaking patience. I sure cant wait till it comes out, but you dont see my whining and groaning just because they keep holding it back..
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?