• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Re: BZ2 v1.3 Public Beta 2 Rant

Started by deadscion, December 26, 2005, 06:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadscion

Gentlemen, you have had enough time at this project to create another BZ3 twice over.

The lack of completion of this project represents a closed social group activity unless you put a deliberate deadline to the project.

Quit dragging your feet listening to modders pethetic whining to do one more thing, one more thing, one more thing and release the damn thing already!!!

The longer you delay releasing this patch the more permanent damage you do to the community.

Many have just given up waiting,  moved on, and will never come back,,,,, even if you released the patch right now.

Think about it--------pathetic really---

GSH

And your wonderfully positive attitude 100% of the time, 24/7 is doing the best job possible to bring in new people, right?

-- GSH

Commando

Gentlemen, you have had enough time at this project to create another BZ3 twice over.

I highly doubt that as only one person is still working on the 1.3 patch.  You and your buddies also have yourselves to thank as development on the 1.3 patch stopped for half a year as a result of your behavior maybe even longer.  It woudl be done that much faster if you guys wouldn't have engaged in your personal attack on the 1.3 patch and nathan.

Lizard

Quote from: deadscion on December 26, 2005, 06:00:42 AM

The lack of completion of this project represents a closed social group activity unless you put a deliberate deadline to the project.

Quit dragging your feet listening to modders pethetic whining to do one more thing, one more thing, one more thing and release the damn thing already!!!

The longer you delay releasing this patch the more permanent damage you do to the community.

Many have just given up waiting,  moved on, and will never come back,,,,, even if you released the patch right now.

Oh and you could do better could you ?

how ironic, the person who has contributed the least to this community bitching an whingeing AGAIN .

who shat on your christmas pudding ?

deadscion

Is this the best reply you guys can come up with?

Instead of answering the post you choose to discredit me instead.

How very typical.

How very closed social group responses.

Seems to me you have run out of excuses for NOT setting a deadline/release date.

GSH

How about one day after you leave? For good.

[Subject to verification, and change w/o notice.]

-- GSH

Red Devil

You really didn't just say all this, did you?  [reads it again, slaps forehaed]  Yep, you sure did.  Well, it's certainly easy to criticize something you don't understand.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I prefer my cakes completely baked, not almost-baked.

Quote from: deadscion on December 26, 2005, 06:00:42 AM

Many have just given up waiting, moved on, and will never come back,,,,, even if you released the patch right now.

What box???

Angstromicus

With all this complaining it's lucky that the cake isn't microwave baked.

General BlackDragon

The reason is because not enough people are testing it and reporting bugs. Why dont you stop whining on the forums and go play it.

*****General BlackDragon*****

EternalDamned

Please take your time and do it right. This is still my favorite and most played game of all and I would much rather wait for a good release than get a buggy one fast. And for anyone too impatient to wait for new things to play with...you could always try making some levels or races yourself! Hell make a few new units and spend some time testing them thoroughly. There are a ton of ways to make minor changes that can totally change the experience. Then test them in IA and see how they work...get a couple friends and try the stuff in mpi...cripes this is the funnest most easily modable game out there! 20 minutes with notepad and pak explorer and you can add a new weapon to the game. I'll even give you an idea to play with  :-D Try taking the plant from toontown and instead of it shooting smilies that hold units, have them target pilots and shoot needles that kill them after a few seconds if still in say a 50m range  :evil:

deadscion

Quote from: GSH on December 26, 2005, 09:10:42 AM
How about one day after you leave? For good.

[Subject to verification, and change w/o notice.]

-- GSH

See there? very typicasl response.
I believe it would actually pain these guys to let folks know an occasional progress report or something.

The real truth is the 1.3 patch folks have no intention of ever releasing another version.

This is why nobody can get a straight answer about what they are doing and when.

Why do you think the BZ3 topics get so much attention? Players want better stuff and don't have it.

GSH

Those that do provide useful feedback get full progress reports. I think that fact bothers you immensely, that you're on the outside, wishing to be "in," and realizing that you never will be.

"A game is late only until it's released. A bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto.

-- GSH

deadscion

I know all too well exactly what I am talking about.

You don't give progress reports and will never give a release date, yet you like to brag about the stuff the 1.3 patch fixes.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

You have no business teasing people with bits and pieces of hoot they can't use. 

Give them a reason to believe in what you are doing by giving a full respectfull progress report.

Then maybe frusterations about a release date, which you are so eager to avoid, will not become an issue.

I apologize for any insults but at the time it was the best way I could think of to get your attention on this matter.

You really do keep people in the dark way too much and when anyone does ask a valid question they get disrespect, or an of hand comment which means nothing.

Me on the outside looking in does not bother me at all, just stop playing childish games with what few visitors you have left here.

Red Devil

How is telling everybody they're "pathetic" constitute politely and respectfully asking for a progress report?  Answer: It doesn't.
What box???

deadscion

What are you some kind of word manipulator?

I want you guys to start trerating people right, currently you don't.

Regular honest progress reports instead of smartassed slight of hand  bullhoot will not only attract curious visitors tp the forum, but help you welcome the new patch when you do release it.

By the way, I am not respectfully asking for anything, I am telling you this is what makes good sense.