• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New AIPs in IA and MPI

Started by wug, August 10, 2006, 07:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wug

Hi guys!  There are now 5 levels of difficulty (ranging from "easy" to "insane") + stock 1.3 AIPs.  Thanks to GSH for fixing many, many AIP-related bugs.

Watch as the AI uses the bomber like it's going out of style, or play "count the Maulers" as they ravage your base.

Yes, the AI does scrap cheat on the harder difficulty levels, but it should be "smarter" than before.  Oh well, that's what you get without DLL magic. :roll:

Cheers!  Yeehaw!

Saloei

in EXTRA OPTIONS i see HUMAN RECYCLER with IA: Stock repair units and IA: EMPTIES + AUTOMATIC REPAIR and AI: EMPTIES + STOCK REPAIR UNIT. what is this?

Spawn

You can change what recycler you use in IA like you can in mpi.

Saloei

is there a way to play against CPU AI in multiplayer maps? what i mean is Me against CPU AI in multiplayer map. i recall Route66 mod allowed you to do such a thing. it was the most hectic gameplay ive experienced. there are many multiplyaer maps and few IAction maps.

Spawn

You could copy the maps from addon/missions/multiplayer to addon/missions/instant though it might give you a duplicate assets error after.

Axeminister

Yes, it's called MPI, use these maps to play against ai. And G66 isn't a mod, it's a mappack.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Spawn

It is a mod, just like ZST is, only it is completely compatiable with standard gameplay.

mrtwosheds

It might be that im just a bit soft or something, but I suspect the ai scrap cheat may need turning down just a little bit on the first mpi aip.
Playing alone on the default aip option, the player is very quickly faced with a "Unending convoy" of assault tanks, rocket tanks or whatever, that take down GT's faster than they can be built.

wug

Eh?  The stock 1.3 AIPs doesn't use scrap cheat, if that's what you mean.  It's the same as was in 1.3 PB2.  The bug fixes probably makes it work better, but nothing has really changed.

Only the hardest 3 AIP sets use scrap cheat, and were intended for multiple players vs. the AI.

Better get in more practice, methinks. :wink:

llulla

Do these levels of difficulty affect the AIPs skill and aggressivity i.e. a Sabre in Default level is less skilled or aggressive than in Extreme setting?

Commando

AIPs don't affect ai intellenge on the unit level.  AIPs only determine what the ai builds.  I don't believe you can specify the ai skill level in AI, only MPI do you have control over those settings.

llulla

What about the, sometimes huge, skill difference between my AI units and Computer AI units ( always talking of Instant Action)? Now, with 1.3 my units act like "sleeping beauties" and react only when is too late. Set a tank to guard an Extractor and you will notice it immediately.
Even when I order direct attack my units are easily  ripped to pieces from equivalent Computer AI in one-to-one combat :-(.

Raven

Quote from: llulla on August 30, 2006, 09:59:02 AM
Set a tank to guard an Extractor and you will notice it immediately.

I noticed that the other day, it's very good, I like that :)

llulla

What exactly did you like Raven? I was saying that your Scav maybe half blown away while the guarding unit awakes to to take some action... . That is somehow weird behavior.

Raven

Really? I told some scouts to defend an extractor (literally selected them and pointed to the ext and pressed space) and they attacked anything in sight/radar range/engage range thingy without fail. How wierd is that? Though it was g66... The friendly AI skill level was set on max, thats probably what did it.

If that is the case then maybe someone should check that out...Use some of that AI code in 1.3?
I don't *do* AI so I can't say I know what I'm talking about :)