• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Jammers block commands even in visual

Started by llulla, September 15, 2006, 07:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZZERKER

Actually, there is only one way it can happen, that's with a bunker jockeyâ,,¢. It's very rare but, it does happen.

wug

Well, a couple of friends and I just went through a 3 hour grudge match - ISDF vs. Scion AI on Dunes.  We finally broke through after about ah... 15 or so tries?

We were just not well coordinated, but the base defense was pretty tough.

Time for bed... zzz....

APCs r evil

BZZERKER

Spawn

The bunker can be very useful, especially when your playing zst and your too lazy to fly around in a ship :D

llulla

With "stall"I meant a very very long time to crack the CPU base. Eventually the AI will be defeated but, there must be a balance between fun  :lol: and  the frustration  :cry:.  It also affects the health of keyboards, mice and other parts of your computer  :wink:.

As for going yourself after jammers in well built bases, with more than one, 99.99% that will result in your glorious death  :-D

APCs r evil

Quote from: llulla on September 18, 2006, 08:13:07 AMAs for going yourself after jammers in well built bases, with more than one, 99.99% that will result in your glorious death  :-D

Aye, but it's a glorious death, so it is well worth it.  :-D

ScarleTomato

After reading this thread, I played an IA game yesterday w/ insane AIP on Firestorm(I think, the big green one with the extra service bay, may be called fortress). It was about a two and a half hour ISDF vs Scion match.
Constant maulers & titans until I blockaded their entrance, and then constant maulers, titans and archers. It may have been stalled for a while but it wasn't boring, by far.
Quotethere must be a balance between fun   and  the frustration 
It was somewhat frustrating, because while I was trying to cap the NE pool I had to keep making my way back to the middle to deal with archers. But that frustration comes with trying to make the AI realistic. Just like a human player, the AI was doing anything it could to thwart my advantage of having the entire rest of the map.

I am a patient type, so I just maintained my blockade while I built 40 SP tanks, 10 Hornet Tanks, & 10 Attillas to storm the base with.

Though, you could always go with the MDMMortar, APC, Bomber path if you can't wait. MDMMortar the jammer and send in a bomber and APC's.

Wug, I have an idea for your AIPs, I dont know how to mod them so only you can say if it's possible. Can you give a waypoint for archers so they go around the map, instead of through the middle?
The biggest thing I saw that the enemy was constanly doing wrong was they kept sending archers down the middle, strait over my rckt tanks, If theyd go over to the North corners and then go and attack pools and the recy, they mightl have a better chance at making archers a little more effective.[edit]Minor technicality. :)[/edit]

APCs r evil

wug

I found the Stock 1.3 AIP did too little for base defense.  Even if the AI had control of most of the pools, it was possible to win by attacking the AI base directly.

So, I tried to make AI base defense a lot stronger (especially for Scion) within the limitations of the AIPs.  I won't bother to get into it, but I tested many different plans over many games.  A more active defense, and more of it.  Yeah, it's still too predictable, but it's suppose to be "stock" AI.

They were never intended to be some super-duper AI strategy.  Just competent enough to make stock IA and MPI fun again.  I'm glad GSH fixed all those AIP bugs and added so much new functionality, which should make mods like G66 even better than before.

ScarleTomato, sorry, but I can't redirect the Archers.  The AIPs don't use any special pathing points, so that they can be used on any map without changes.  The Archers do get staged from different attack points, but I think the map you played is sort of limited that way.  Still, it's amazing how fast you took 'em out. :-o

llulla, yeah, it can be frustrating, but I think the AI "keeps better" if there are fewer obvious, easy-to-exploit weaknesses.  And if the AI was _that_ good, it wouldn't have to scrap cheat at all. :roll:

llulla

I started the topic more out of curiosity than other. I find the increased difficulty in1.3 a real booster for the game.  I am playing all maps I have collected in time, and, although these do not take full advantage of 1.3, it is a pleasure to sweat again through them.
So, I am fully for the changes that make AI more efficient and difficult. I always hated (and never used) the bomber solution in 1.2. It was like stealing candy from a baby.
As I said in the beginning, I was for an exchange of opinions  and experiences related to the new situation, since now, there are maps that really stretch you.  What do you think of ToonTrails base?

wug

Don't remember ToonTrails very well... didn't test a lot on those two maps.  Most of it is a blur at this point. :wink:

I remember is was cool to see Maulers come out of the water to attack in Sea Battle.  And seeing the AI Bomber work "right" for the first time was a sight to behold.  Oh, I also saw a Mauler on two occasions climb up the hill on Dunes to come after me... should have taken a screenshot. :-D

Probably my favourite is still the one by GreenHeart... not Firestorm... ah... the one after it, where there are criss-crossing paths.  So far I haven't played it long enough to beat it (can't save in MPI). :roll:

BZZERKER

No offense to Aegeis but, I utterly despise those maps! Those damn 8 balls and other junk floating about the map blowing up helpless/clueless AI and setting off the damn "under attack" buzzer. :x

llulla

And then the Archers deploy on peaks so high that are outside any range and no unit can climb bombin the Recycler at pleasure. Anyway, What concerns this topic is the base of these maps surrounded with high walls and with narrow and short access ways, giving you visual of the base when it is too late :-D. Under these conditions the cover from jammers is really a pain in a bad place :|

BZZERKER

Heh..heh..heh, Just wait till I release my map.......

I've been hanging around too many sick and sadistic bast**ds here for far to long. :wink: