• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Jammers block commands even in visual

Started by llulla, September 15, 2006, 07:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llulla

It is not possible to order any AIs that are in visual contact with the targets if there are jammers around. This even if you are sitting under the target itself you can't tell your units to take it out.

Is this intentional or a BUG??? It makes impossible the attack on scion bases.

lucky_foot

Scion jammers mess up the tracking systems of all enemy units in the area. I assume that includes visual since you highlighting the enemy and trying to order a unit to attack is tranmitting a coordinate signal to your other units. The only good strategy I know is to just get enough units and try to rush them in. They distract the enemy units while I hunt down Jammers. :)
Jonathan S.

wug

Long time ago, I complained about Jammers too, until I saw the light. ;)  It's not a bug AFAIK.  Without Jammers, I don't think the Scion stand a chance against the ISDF.

I can think of two ways to beat Scion AI - one, go with lucky_foot's strategy, then call in the bomber once the Jammers are toast.  Two, gain control of the map, choke off its supply of scrap, then strip the Scion base slowly piece-by-piece.  Once the AI is down to one scrap pool, you should be in complete control.

FYI, the AI player isn't affected by Jammers, so if you play Scion vs. ISDF AI, attack the Bombay Bay ASAP. 8-)

APCs r evil

Quote from: wug on September 15, 2006, 09:14:04 AMWithout Jammers, I don't think the Scion stand a chance against the ISDF.

In MPI, Scions are infererior to the ISDF, as they rely very heavily on human controlled tricks and tactics that cannot be easily done through AIPs or DLLs.

In a strategy game however, once the Scions get the Stronghold all the ISDF can do is hold on and try to cut off the Scion's scrap supply. If they fail that, then they are in for a slow, agonizing, unstopable defeat.

Why? Because Scions have Blink. A ship with Blink is nearly impossible to defeat. The only way you can kill a Blinking ship is to have something with Shadower missile attacking it, or if the Scion ship doesn't have enough ammo to Blink away.

EDIT: Typo.

Spawn

Just have a scout paint the gun spires, bomb them, then send a fleet in...

Raven

Of course if you don't watch what your doing and have no ammo left to blink out your toast...And AI can't use blink right can it? So yeah...

mrtwosheds

QuoteAnd AI can't use blink right can it?
Ai can use blink if the ships and blink device are suitably modified, The AI uses it without intelligence of course and can end up loitering at the edge of the map... But they are fun to fight :-D

Spawn

llulla

Big Scion bases with "indoor"scrap pools are impossible to crack. Fortress is an example where 4 pools are in base area.
I tried once sending  in a huge mix of Attilas, Assaults and Sabres and the result was: all toasted. Attacked myself the jammer but scion builder replaces it immediately ( myself KIA :-o).
I think, there should have been granted a certain distance, inside enemy fire range, that you could order visually, otherwise maps like the one I mentioned are destined to a stall situation.

Raven

Wait, are you comnplaining that the AI is tactful?
Dude just get out of your relay and use some skill to infiltrate the base and get inside the forge of something, or mortar it from a distance in a sabre or mortarbike, it's pratically impossible to win with the only human player inside a bunker becasue AI cannot behave like a human. It can't think "oh hey, a jammers there, maybe we should just mortar it before going in." Personally I can't see what fun you could have with just sitting there telling units to do this... But thats you, and you will lose as long as you keep doing it, unless you have the AI on stupidly low levels.

lucky_foot

No base is impossible to crack....it's just the amount of time it takes to get through. I fought an Instant Action on Wug's Insane Level and it took me a good 2 weeks before I finally could launch attacks against their base.

I consider myself adequate in base commanding, but the amount of Gun towers I had to keep up to keep the Titans and Maulers at bay was ridiculious.

Plus, I assisted Wug in creating a better defense for the Scions. ;) I suggested more jammers. :D
Jonathan S.

Raven

I didn't say it was impossible normally, I meant that its pretty impossible to do it if you just live in a relay bunker and rely on your AI to do the jobs that only a human player can do.

Axeminister

There are more options than all that. llulla mentioned that once the jammer was down, they built it right back. But if you knock out the jammers in their base and give a target to all of the other players, then demand for you to be given back that target from them. Even if the ai builds back the jammers, you will still have that target(if someone gives it back to you). Which is why most of you that join me notice I like to ask for the target I gave you, to be given back to me. Then bomb them only if they have no rocket towers. If they do have rocket towers, then the game must be a long one and involve you taking all pools and cutting them down as wug suggested.
  Another way to take out their base is to be in a rocket tank with hornet.Hornet rockets don't need a target to be given to lock onto things. Have a bunch of other rocket tanks spread out around you with hornet, and a bunch of missle scouts just follow you. They will defend you successfully against the inevitable mauler rush as long as you take time to tell the missle scouts what to target. If you inch your rocket tanks forward, it is possible to make an attack on un-targeted items. But bare in mind the targets will be the closest to your advancing ships. This advance is similiar to wugs, but doesn't involve knocking all their pools out.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Sonic

As pointed out, Scouts CAN paint units inside jammer fields. My only complaint is that Scouts should try and paint the jammer. Since the jammer is the source of the 'jamming field', scouts should be able to pick it out. But aside from that, simply letting the scout paint a spire and sending in an attack wave to distract while your bomber comes in for the kill.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

ScarleTomato

Absolutley no AI enemy can create a stall situation. If you're fighting the AI and you get a foothold, you're gonna win. It's quite impossible to make an AI managed impenetrable base. As for units to use against jammed bases, SP-Sabres and Hornet Hellcats are your friends. If you're scion, pretty much anything. Sonic, or Arc warriors, Sonic Titans, Maulers, Lancers, Archers...