• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

wug AIPs v3.4 (test)

Started by wug, September 22, 2006, 08:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wug

If anyone is interested in trying it, please grab the file from the link below.  Made a few minor changes, mainly to improve Scion AI vs. rocket tanks, made the AI slightly more random, and changed how the AI tries to win in late game (it's a surprise sort of).

Ah, I hope everyone knows where the files go.... :wink:

Link

Raven

wug

Heh... I made one more change.  If you got it before 1:30 PM CST today, please grab it again.  Sorry. :|

Raven

It's tiny, no biggie or need to apologize :)

Haven't even gotten around to testing it yet so I'm the sorry one :) been busy with my ground to air turret

wug

Well, I've posted test #2.  Same file name, same place.

May your rocket tanks die a quick death. :wink:

lucky_foot

If Wug is at his usual terror with those AIPs, Raven, then you may have a big surprise waiting for you. :)

I went through his AIPs 3.1 to 3.3 and each one seemed to be harder. :D
Jonathan S.

wug

It's too late to make wholesale changes, but I'm hoping v3.4 is less predictable and more challenging late in the game.  It's more fun if the AI can surprise the player once in awhile. :lol:

llulla

wug says:
...changed how the AI tries to win in late game (it's a surprise sort of).

What do you mean by LATE ?? When AI has fully developed the base and you are loosing or when you have stripped CPU of the pools and AI is loosing. I played Chill and Iceberg and nothing happened????

lucky_foot

Wug,

HAH! I beat it. On Insane, but trust me, I barely did it. :) I played against scions this time and so I built a mass of APCs and then suicide charged with plenty of my units in to the base. I took down to of their jammers in time to order a bomber attack against their factory and the launch of those APCs.

The 20 APCs hit the ground and released so many soldiers that by the time the rest of my fleet arrived, the computer was badly damaged. There was so much scrap laying on the ground, you could have re-built your base 3 times in a row. Even the scavengers were fighting each other. :)
Jonathan S.

wug

llula, there's not a huge difference.  I just put more emphasis on "air power" late in the game.  Probably it's only noticable on extreme and insane.

lucky_foot, well, you forced me to change the defenses on the AIPs.  Curse you. :wink:  But I think you should be able to beat it with the same strategy.

Anyway, I've uploaded test #3.  It should attack more aggressively. :-D

llulla

Will CPU use air powers if I have reduced its pools to only 2??? What's the number of pools that triggers changes in CPUs strategy?

wug

At two pools, the AI focuses a lot more on ground attacks.  It'll still use whatever air units it has, but it should be quite limited.  Change of strategy is triggered by the number of pools, but also how much the player has built up, and whether he is attacking or defending (that's just how the AIP files work).

The strongest AI attacks shouldn't come until the player has built up his forces.  IMHO, the point is not to make the AI win, but to make for a competitive game.  I find it's the most satisfying when you are on the brink of losing and come back victorious (usually after a few losses, of course). :evil:

llulla

I noticed something along these lines playing last night Firestorm. Increased air attacks have left me stalled inside a very limited area of the map. In fact, I do not see any resolution of the stall because it is impossible to control any of the peaks that compose the map. That high, Archers are out of any weapons range, and there is no ISDF unit to climb there ( although i saw one of my Assaults doing it :?, but not able to repeat).
Loosing this battle is more than certain under the new AIPs :-(

wug

I think there's probably a few ways to solve that.  Maybe try jetpacking up there, then call in an APC to attack. :-)

ScarleTomato

and a chain/TAG ISDF scout can get on top of any hill in firestorm.