• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 game?....

Started by VoodooChile, August 18, 2007, 10:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoodooChile

do u guys only talk about it or actualy play too?.....

i never see a game up and on the rare ocasion i do see 1; it got a password!  :?

Red Devil

1.3 ships are kind of leaden due to code changes affecting the physics a bit, so it's not that popular.

Passwords may be inadvertantly set, especially is someone tabs to the PW box.

PB4 testers run a lot of IA games so we can send in saved games for analysis.

I'm slowly working on the FE MPI DLL so you can play FE in 1.3.

What box???

VoodooChile

i know how things are (i'm a 1.2 vet) and i dont like the scout physics either. (not because u cant hover, they just dont move cool)

my main point was: you would have at least 1 more player if u would just STOP PUTTING PASSWORDS ON YOUR GAMES! 

right now theres one 2/8 strat up in 1.3 and theres a password on it.... :cry:

Commando

Yeah, those p*ss me off too.  Unfortunately there isn't anything any one can do about it.

General BlackDragon

I spend my time testing and working on 1.3 and BZC stuff. Also on my to do list: ZE mod updates, and that little space map hobby of mine...

*****General BlackDragon*****

Raven

Theres 4 up now, its a time of day thing really.

It is annoying when people put password on their games so they only play themself. But they may want to go on g66 alone or something. Which is what I see most of the time on passworded games.

Oh and you gotta like MPI. Its rare that you get a good strat as everyone just wants to play the computer not eachother. Kinda sad really its not nearly as fun.

Warfreak

I occasionally host stats, so keep an eye out for those :D, plus my games arent passworded, and when they are, the password it "12345", exept without quotes. :-D

OvermindDL1

Whenever I host with a password it is because I am testing a new mission dll (which was not in the asset check earlier), so it was good to keep people out who did not have it.

*GEL*Avenger

yea...i try to play 1.3 every now and then, but games are usually passworded...not many 1.2 vets will host 1.3 games, cause they find it to be laggier than 1.2 vet strats...quote from {bac}Ego, "was a gg, cept for every ship goasted and everyone was unhittable.  You'd think 1.3 would be less laggy, but it isn't." When you have 8 vets (playing a 4v4) pushing the limits of physics, it doesn't play well...but the mpi's are 10x less lag free...so i like them....

keep up the good work 1.3 builders...i hope this patch gains real potential...

mrtwosheds

there is a bug in 1.3pb3, basically you must not let anyone join after the start of the game or recyncing will occur.

OvermindDL1

Fixed for note, will be out in the next public release.

Raven

Oh that will be good then.

*GEL*Avenger

well, me and voodoo play pb2, and vets don't usually leave in middle of game and rejoin...

Steeveeo

I host games often, but every once in awhile my net goes screwy (I dont have to touch any settings on my router) and my games become invisible to the Gamespy listing.

Right now however, I am in the middle of making a custom recycler variant for pb3 (maybe pb4 if none of the files break), so most of my games will be running that. (Though at request I can readily switch over to a normal pb3 game without restarting, as I set it up that well).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Spawn

I'm always in the chat room, and when I can play I will.  Just go in there and ask :P