• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Upgraded Empty Cost Poll

Started by Commando, November 06, 2007, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is 60 units of scrap unreasonable for an upgraded empty scout?

Yes
18 (72%)
No
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Ego - Nikolas

Quote from: Ego - Nikolas on November 06, 2007, 04:05:23 PM
Yes it will be good that upgraded empt scout cost 30 or 40, Im more for abaut 30, and it got olny weapon, full scout-60 got 2 banks and 1 special.

dejavo

mrtwosheds

40 sounds good to me, same cost as an empty and a gun, then commanders who like being hyperactive can upgrade extractor and gain extra cost/time benefit from not reconfiguring in recy.
I am just so glad to be free of the weapon config bug, all that hopping in and out of the rec to save 20 scrap drives me mad.

Red Devil

What box???

Zero Angel

Thats the bug where you buy an unupgraded unit for a cheap cost and then upgrade it in the rec/fac while its building and get the upgrades for the same price as an unupgraded unit. IE: Blast tanks for 55 scrap

Also referred to as cheap scouts, cheap tanks, or cheapies.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

GreenHeart

Quoteget the upgrades for the same price as an unupgraded unit. IE: Blast tanks for 55 scrap.

I believe that exploit bug was fixed awhile back for the 1.3 patch.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

{LoC}Phas3r

40 is a great price, i dont think it would break the balance between race either. Although Scions will always be looking for a full scout because of the shield and blink, i can easily see myself making a quill empty or 2 at 40 scrap when isdf have the chains out just to stay in touch with the pools.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

i sware the smartest way is to just add a system that adds the total of the selected weapon the the value of the ship...that will settle this argument - forever

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 27, 2007, 04:46:31 PM
i sware the smartest way is to just add a system that adds the total of the selected weapon the the value of the ship...that will settle this argument - forever
Agreed, so get to it.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

VoodooChile

35, because if it was to be 40 or any more, nobody would use it.
first of all its even more expensive then simply dropping weapons, why bother then?
(in bz2 40 mostly costs more time then 2x20)
2nd because it would be a pain in the ass, say u need a laserscout and u have upgraded your emptys to chainscouts, u gotta get back in the rec again to change it, while if u didnt upgrade the scout u could just drop the laser and build the empty while u are fighting in the field, so not worth it if it costs even more.

cheers

squirrelof09

-1 on NO
+1 on YES

misread poll question. Mistake :P
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Commando

Red Devil

I say go ahead and do it. We can always adjust it afterwards too.
What box???