• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Upgraded Empty Cost Poll

Started by Commando, November 06, 2007, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is 60 units of scrap unreasonable for an upgraded empty scout?

Yes
18 (72%)
No
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 22

GSH

As I said earlier, just make it yet another recy variant -- something that could have been done years ago. People who can't lift a finger to implement what they want, but just want to whine won't get their changes as the default.

-- GSH

Zero Angel

Quote from: Killer AK on December 10, 2007, 06:25:03 AM
If you drop the scrap too much for a modifyed scout. They can build a bunch of them and drive them to a training center and put pilots in them.
Scions as far as i know doesn't have a training center.
Becareful.
I have used chained AI empties in 1.2 though, to hit pools once I get a blast tank (my tank pilot hops in the scout), I sometimes send them to hit pools while I am dogfighting or attacking the enemy base. If the AI empty is found by a human though, its a guaranteed death since they do such a poor job at defending themselves.

I've also tried building an army of empties in 1.2, with the training center built right next to the recycler. AI empty scouts are really poor fighters, and the training center pilots dont go for them unless you jump into them first. Its not worth it because every other unit on the field can totally obliterate an AI scout, and it takes too much recy time to build such a weak unit.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Sonic

Back in pb1 with G66, I often positioned my training center to be near the Recycler so that I could build Empties and have pilots occupy them quickly. This way, I could give them over to my thugs when they lost their vehicles. Was especially usefull on maps that had the Destroyer and Ghoul available.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Feared_1

Quote from: Sonic on December 13, 2007, 05:09:14 AM
Back in pb1 with G66, I often positioned my training center to be near the Recycler so that I could build Empties and have pilots occupy them quickly. This way, I could give them over to my thugs when they lost their vehicles. Was especially usefull on maps that had the Destroyer and Ghoul available.

Never thought of that before...

Commando

I intentionally place my training facility next to my recycler for that very reason.  Not to overbuild on empties, but to ensure they are piloted so one can pick me up.