• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Upgraded Empty Cost Poll

Started by Commando, November 06, 2007, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is 60 units of scrap unreasonable for an upgraded empty scout?

Yes
18 (72%)
No
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Commando

I've had vets yell at me for saying this is unreasonable.  Other players seem to have the same feelings.  I want to see how the majority of the community feels regarding this issue.

Steeveeo

Considering that the upped full scout has no change in price, I'd say that the empties be that way too, or at least just go up to 30 scrap.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Commando

The main reasons I feel it is unreasonable.

1.  You lose two hardpoints (Rocket and Special)
2.  They come built without pilots

#1 is the main reason since you can always build a training facility next to the recycler.

If you vote yes or no, state your reasons for the answers you provided.

Ego - Nikolas

Yes it will be good that upgraded empt scout cost 30 or 40, Im more for abaut 30, and it got olny weapon, full scout-60 got 2 banks and 1 special.

Killer AK

yeah but you have to balance it out for the scions too. i like it how it is actually. i wish more there could be something done about defense from the bomber on the scions behalf cause the bomber is a scion killer. archers are useless cause one single tank on a suicide run kills archers too easy.
jammers are not very effective.

Red Devil

1. Cost should be 45 for a customized Empty Scout.

2. If you're down to no pools, but you have an Armory/Stronghold, you can't build a customized Empty or a customized Full Scout anyways.

3. Having a customized Empty Scout cost less than a Full Scout might lead to players building a bunch of cheap units with chain if they have a TF.

I built an AA Archer that works pretty good against Bombers.

Seems Scions should have a TF too.
What box???

bigbadbogie

archers with popgun mortar are effective against bombers

I always thought that the normal scout with a pilot was too expensive at 50
i would make it 40 - oh thats right .. i did

i think the bz1 pilots system should be brought back in pb4 with limited pilots until you build a training facility/ new scion barracks

then the empty scout would be less expensive in this area rather than scrap...(but still a bit of scrap for missing HPs and weapons)
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

GSH

Differences about balance are precisely what recy variants are for. Support for this has been around quite a while. Some people still demand that things be handed to them on a silver platter.

For the record: the number of recy variants I've rejected so far can be counted on one hand. After amputation.

-- GSH

Commando

If there is enough demand for a cheaper empty scout, I'll make a variant and submit it to you GSH.

Have you even rejected any recycler variants?

Zero Angel

I say 40 at the VERY most. It would cost that much anyways for the player to simply drop the chains or laser powerup. In fact, if the commander has only 1 upgraded pool, then its often better for him to milk the upgrade for its time. Lets take the scenario

To get to 20 scrap twice on 1 upgraded pool (20 for empty, 20 for powerup) costs 20 seconds
To get to 40 scrap (upgraded empty) on 1 upgraded pool + 1 normal pool costs 30 seconds
To get to 40 scrap (upgraded empty) on 2 normal pools costs 40 seconds

In other words, with an upgrade -- the commander saves time by building the empty and weapon separately even if the empty only costs 40 scrap.

45 scrap is way too high for a customized empty, nobody in their right mind would upgrade their scouts because in addition to the 35 seconds it would take to build an 'upgraded' empty vs the 20 seconds to upgrade it manually it would simply not be worth it to build upgraded empties. The commander would just build fulls instead.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

Yeah, I think it should be either 30 or 35.  35 at the most.

A price of 30 would be consistent with other units, but it may be too cheap.

Red Devil

I was going to say 40 at first, then switched to 50, then compromised at 45.  To get 40 with just your Recycler, it would take 120 seconds, so, yeah, 40 sounds good.
What box???

Feared_1

I accidentally voted NO... thought the question was asking it it WAS reasonable...

A Scout costs 50 scrap. If you mod it, it still costs 50.

Why should an Empty Scout that has NO rocket slot cost three times as much, just to change the gun?

It's UNFAIR.

Commando

I agree, it lacks both a rocket and a special and still costs the same as a full scout.

bigbadbogie

why not put in a system that adds the price of the selected weapon to the total of the empty scout, and everything else for that matter. It is kind of dumb having a weaker weapon or a stronger weapon which would cost a different price chosen to add to a unit and them both costing the same amount.

i know GSH (silver platter) im only suggesting
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com