• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Wimpy Weapons

Started by Red Devil, January 02, 2008, 06:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Am I the only one who thinks that the Scion Seekers are wimpy?

And how about those Assault Lasers?  Ugh.

Proximity Mines?  I feel like I went over a speed bump.

Any others?
What box???

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

all the weapons are wimpy
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

anomaly

I have always felt the proximity mines were too ineffective.  I think decreasing the suppressRadius would be a big help because as they are, they tend not to go off because they think you are too close.  An increase in damage would be good, too, like bz1 kind of damage.

And yeah, seekers need a big bump in speed and damage.  But, mainly speed.  I think they should be effective at detering opponents from circle strafing in the same area.

Steeveeo

@Seeker: Try my Digger, it goes under ground and hurts like hell.
@Ass. Lasers: Try my Assault Pulse lasers, much better.
@Prox. Mines: My High-Explosive-Detonation mines can kill a scout in 1 or 2 hits.
@Splinter: Ever tryed my lightning splinter?

</shameless mod plug>

Anyway, the weapon I always found a bit wimpy was the pb3 jax, they just dont seem to do any damage.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

mrtwosheds

Seekers, are pretty usless in human vs human strat, more often than not you hit your own ones while reversing.
Prox mines are however not as wimpy as the seem, cleverly deployed in a dogfight, they can be very effective against scouts and tanks. Its stock explosion sucks due to its high particle count.
The assault laser is a great anti scout/tank defence when used in a turret, chains or pummel are much better in a walker.
I love walking into someone's base with plasma and pummel and just demolishing it.

Scion rockets, except the combat stinger, are pretty weak though.

Quoteall the weapons are wimpy
That's what makes BZ2 a good fight, don't forget that human players can use multiple weapons to devastating effects.
Powerful weapons should not be too easy to use and should use lots of ammo.

bigbadbogie

true - i always thought that weapons are too slow and their ranges are far too short
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

Oh yeah, Jax.  :roll:

Splinter?  Yep.  More of an annoyance than anything.  Dangerous to make more powerful though, because it might bring back the dreaded "Splinter fags".

Was thinking Prox could use a little kick.

You're right about the laser in turrets.  Was thinking mostly of it in the Walkers, which is why I gave mine their own version.  (Mauler: You call *that* a gun???"  *Peals of uproarious laughter*)

Worked on the Multi-Lock lately, so it's better.  Stock Xares and Lancer 1-on-1 are pretty even.  Wasp is better.

Agreed about the multiple-use of weapons by humans.
What box???

Feared_1

Splinter fags??

When has using splinter ever been a problem? I see newbies all the time who rush into my base and fire all (2) of their splinters, taking out all of their ammo to do what? To simply alert me that an enemy might be starting to try to shoot rubber BBs into my well-defended Recycler's heavy Biometal-ish armor.

Red Devil

That's from the BZ1 days.
What box???

VSMIT

Run in and dump a couple of those things?  The only reason they were annoying was because they fired miniguns instead of a custom weapon.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Steeveeo

Speaking of custom weapons from splinters, anyone ever try making an anchor round splinter?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Zero Angel

- Prox mines, I think would benefit from a lowering of ammo cost by a factor of 20 to 40%
- Assault lasers would benefit from having their attack vs light armor increased but keeping their range low (walkers with laser effectively become good at killing light units like trucks @ <100m)
- Splinters should be overhauled by a lot. I suggest that the splinter object remain in the world for ~15 seconds and continue to fire rounds so that anything that wanders into its attack radius takes damage.
- Swarm missiles should also be overhauled to fire in a narrower pattern and a higher velocity, increase explosive kick.
- TAG, increase the velocity of the leader round by a lot, lower ammo consumption, give the tag rounds greater amount of waver.
- What are those seeking/killable missiles on DM:Pyramid called? (EDIT: they're called mini comet) Would be nice if they were faster and didnt consume so much ammo.

- Please lower stingers seeking / turn rate if possible, they are already cheap in 1.2 DMs and giving them greater image seeking ability does not make them any less cheap in 1.3 DM.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

anchor round splinters yes i have...

'twas' a normal splinter building, which fire heat seeking invisible rockets which did the anchor jobby pretty good, had a sodding huge explosion so it looked like an emp.

trouble is anchor rockets jsut hold the craft exactly where it is, so it can still shoot you which is stupid as...

i got rid of it though :( may have another go later...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Many people argued FOR weaker weapons during the BZ2 beta because they were still fresh from BZ1.  Remember, BZ1 was mostly about dogfighting in DM's and a lot less about strat...

The least favorite and least strategic weapons are those that are one or two shot kills.   Like the one shot bump-n-kill stealth dual maggers that were hated and reviled...

Weaker weapons make for fun dogfights, with skill being the key over just having the bigger gun.  Maybe not all that realistic but the key is fun, not realism.  Nobody likes a no-warning skyride because you just got whacked with a one-shot kill weapon, it makes you feel cheated.  That's why mine stacking and dual-magging were banned, because doing so took the fun out of the game.

-Av-