• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

help with aip's

Started by Saberdude, January 19, 2008, 09:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saberdude

hey im still fooling around trying to make some really hard aip's but i cant get the computer to build all the units i want them to. Ive only had limited sucess getting them to build anything out of the ordinary......ive only seen then build 1 unit....any help?

Red Devil

What box???

Saberdude

i played around with that......it dont help...i think i need a different aip editor. when i open it i notice certain build and attack conditions that i cant add or edit with the one i have now....

Red Devil

Use a text editor.  The AIP Editor doesn't support 1.3.
What box???

GreenHeart

Quote from: Saberdude on January 19, 2008, 11:06:51 PM
i think i need a different aip editor.

Don't use the aip editor with the 1.3 aip files since the aip editor REMOVES anything it don't understand.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

bigbadbogie

it does for me -- but i have barely ever touched aips
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Lizard

Quote from: bigbadbogie on January 20, 2008, 02:18:26 AM
it does for me -- but i have barely ever touched aips

:lol:

you told me you'd mastered every aspect of BZ2 modding ....

:-P

mrtwosheds

In 1.3 there are quite a number of new conditions that can be used to control ai build behaviour, Attempting to explain them all here would be futile, read the modlog, digest, experiment, repeat process.
Dont forget about game.debugaip, very useful.
I also find the don't dll switch is helpful when trying to make things work properly.

bigbadbogie

no lizard - i said that i had different levels of experience with parts of bz2 modding

when i said i have barely ever touched aips, well i meant not for a while... and not very much - but only in comparison to the other things like odf and modelling (which are daily for me)

at one point i reconfigured one of your aips so that i could play as my guys while fighting the swarm in fsmpi --- i just havent needed to use them very much (yet)

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Saberdude

ok didnt know you could edit these with a text editor.......but i still cant get them to even build any of my units, let alone attack with them.

Red Devil

What box???

Lizard

Quote from: bigbadbogie on January 20, 2008, 02:27:09 PM

at one point i reconfigured one of your aips so that i could play as my guys while fighting the swarm in fsmpi --- i just havent needed to use them very much (yet)

My AIP's are probably the most simplistic examples available, I quite litterally cut out all of the fancy stuff such as switching plans etc. all my AI does is build a base and units and that's it, this was all quite deliberate the simplicity of the scripts meant that there was far less that could possibly go wrong which is a bit of bonus when you are trying to debug AIP combinations for 6 different races.

bigbadbogie

good....for you...... i think

My BZ2 mods:

mrtwosheds

Quotebut i still cant get them to even build any of my units,
Then what does it do?
Nothing?
Build what it would normally as if you had not altered anything?

Game.debugaip
will tell you which aip is running, which plan it it running and if it succeeds and  how much scrap is available etc.

The "Required" conditions in the units odf's are important, if a building is required and is not present, the aip will fail to build that unit.
If there is not enough power it will not build from the factory.

bigbadbogie

So that it why the recycler was building assault tanks -- that was really confusing

My BZ2 mods: