• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

how to improve my game in way to multiplayer?

Started by EvolutionX, March 03, 2008, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvolutionX

What Angel says to Zero is certain, at first I decided to be called You plow if knowledge that existed
nick with that name, once when played in way to multiplayer, said to me that I was the false ares,
then I decided to change to EvolutionX, was for that reason, I did not want to make me happen through anybody.
I am of Latin America, and my ingles is not very good either, long ago that game, also can have been that the
problem, I do not know it, but that is clear that I did not want to make me happen through anybody. Thanks to
all for its contributions!

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

One of the best times I've ever had in a game was when a new player joined my game and I showed him how to build a base, get new weapons, configure ships in the Factory and Recycler, etc.  Through his chat, I could almost see the happy and amazed expression on his face.  :-o

It might help get new players in the game if training sessions were set up for them.
What box???

Spawn

And those don't exist in any version of bz2, the closest thing is the dm server in 1.2, as most of the 1.3 games are nonpublic or more correctly nonexistent.

Zero Angel

Meh, i've taught people the basics in MPI and DM if they've asked or they are getting killed too much. (Like the beginner commanders who dont know how to pass units or that you can upgrade ships inside of the factory)
Quoteas most of the 1.3 games are nonpublic or more correctly nonexistent.
Yeah thats true. Most of the games I see up on the public beta are 2 player password protected ones.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Nielk1

No they are not PB2!

Am I the only one to notice PB3 misreports itself as PB2!?

--refer 2 posts down--

Click on the image...

Spawn

It was a bug that is fixed for pb4, and reread what za actually said.

Nielk1

That's odd, "2 player". Hmmm, I need sleep I guess...

I've been trying to talk civilly to some 1.2 'vets' and they started acting like asses. From there, I am still angry and a bit jumpy I guess. They all loved to say no one used pb3 and all that. And then they say it sucks but they wont ever install it to try it.

Click on the image...

Zero Angel

Of course they're gonna act like asses. Vets have been burned plenty of times by the public betas, so its not surprising that some would adopt a closed minded stance towards it. Not to mention that Public Beta 3 has a late-game resynch glitch and still some warpiness, making it generally unpalatable for people who are trying to play it for fun.
{bac}Zero Angel

mrtwosheds

Yes, some, a small minority, of the so called vets are actually no fun whatsoever to play with. A few are so obsessed with using the various scout exploits that even in late game they will refuse a blast tank and demand an empty scout, so they can just ghost round the map and hover the enemy base, even when this "strategy" is no longer working and they are loosing ships at a rapid rate. The same players will, when in command, persecute their own team members for loosing a few ships by not building replacements for them, the same players will also just quit when it becomes clear that their team will not win... One of the reasons I don't play as much as I used to is the (sh*te) attitude of some of those playing the game. There are one or two that I will no longer bother to play with at all, because I know the experience will not be one worth having.

Spawn

The vets took gsh up on his offer to keep playing the buggy version because it was more fun.  Most don't care anymore, the ones who do are turned away now.

mrtwosheds

It isn't more fun. Its bugs become very annoying once you have got used to a version that (almost) works properly.

Spawn

To you it isn't, but to them it is.  I personally enjoy games with other competent players, and the combined fact that nobody tells me that 1.3 games are being hosted and I never see any that aren't private, so I end up sticking to 1.2.

If I wanted to play with myself, then I would have never joined all the forums.

Axeminister

Well I usually play mpi every night 1.3pb3 G66 and the only people that join are Rapier(Paladin), and occasionally General Manson, need_a_beer, yeah and a few others on the weekends like Matthew and Fury. It would be nice if a few of you'se guys would join and play every once in a while instead of continously modding the game. And we all need to choose a common ventrilo, like bz2maps.com or something so that we can join at same time, since pb3 has a probem with late joiners. I really like mpi best, but if there were 5 or 6 guys trying to talk me into a game, I'd host a 1.3pb3 strat if eveyone wanted to play.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

General BlackDragon

And every time you join a MPI game with me, you start trying to snipe me...

*****General BlackDragon*****