• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

how to improve my game in way to multiplayer?

Started by EvolutionX, March 03, 2008, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvolutionX

A questiĆ³n, when I have played in way to multiplayer, I have seen that many attack with their units much height, as if they were flying, are floating literally, this way I often am in disadvantage and obvious I finish destroyed, that combinations of keys I must make to obtain this type of movements and to thus improve my game. Thanks for its contribution, I am new in this game, I like much and I want to learn everything what can.

If they know other tactics I would like that they said to me, thanks !!  :-)

Red Devil

Those players are using an exploit to make themselves unhittable.
What box???

Spawn

Turn auto leveling off and then look down and use the reverse thrusters, or any thrusters, or all of them.

Zero Angel

1.3 doesnt have any of these things.

If you need to learn how to do it in version 1.2 or earlier of Battlezone.

Flying is accomplished by nosing down, and using your jump and back thrusters while in the air to gain height. You can control your movements in the air with some practice. Like spawn says you must have auto-level turned off, in your options screen.

Ghosting is a bug caused by two things. Using the default multiworld frequency of 10, and fast running.

To change your multiworld frequency in a strat:
- Before the game starts, open the console (CTRL + ~)
- Type in "multiworld.frequency 2" before you enter the game
- This makes lag/warp less of a problem. But you must do this before every game (except DM).

To fast-run:
- While running, point your ship downwards and go forward, keeping the jump and sideways thrusters held down
- This means that you're using *every possible* source of thrust to make your ship go faster.

On a multiworld frequency of 2, you will still notice some ghosting and warp, but it wont be nearly as bad. And you can still find out where a player truly is by targeting him, with the 'T' key. In fact, it is always a good habit to target enemies with the 'T' key just so you can find them easier (and so that you still know where they are when they use invisibility)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Feared_1

Quote from: Zero Angel on March 03, 2008, 03:30:12 PM
(and so that you still know where they are when they use invisibility)

It is amazing how many people don't know this. I have used VIR in 1.1 before in the middle of a fight and the enemy will stop shooting and look around.

Target every enemy so you know where they are. If they pass out of your range, find another enemy to target, or ask your teammates to paint one for you.

Red Devil

I think I'm going to add a (costly) Jammer special...  :evil:
What box???

Feared_1

Spawn

Feared, if you couldn't already tell, everyone in 1.1 sucks.  THAT'S why they don't target you.

General BlackDragon

yea, you should get them to upgrade to 1.3 when pb4 comes out :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

LOL. I just looked at the profile of EvolutionX. It is Ares, hahahaha.

I didnt know that you didnt know these things Ares.  :-D

Oh, and since you're using 1.2 -- install BZNES, it will let you change your MWF much easier.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Zero Angel

Ares is a long time 1.2 player. He is a good ZST commander. -- Unless maybe this is a different ares.
{bac}Zero Angel

Spawn

Feared_1

Spawn