• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Rise of the Blackdogs

Started by lucky_foot, March 13, 2008, 11:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky_foot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlezone:_Rise_of_the_Black_Dogs

Read the extra mission with the Black dogs where they fight the Americans and Soviets and the part with the Furies surviving.

Does the community consider this canonical?
Jonathan S.

Yeah, it's pretty funny...   :-P

Oh, 'CANON' -ical, you mean big guns???    :roll:

(Av reads a book)

Oh, as in 'part of the official history'...   got it.    :-D

ROTBD was commissioned by Activision and done by Crave Games, by Kevin Hoekman and Andrew Goldman...  Kevin was part of the original BZ1 beta and Andrew was part of the BZ1 development team.

Now, I haven't played it even though I own it on the N64...  but I've got people on it for recreation in BZC...   :)  I think I understand the storyline.

And, even though it's a little odd I think it could fit into the 'official' BZ1 storyline without too much trouble.

Consider that the Black Dogs were always on the fringe of the NSDF chain of command...  and that at the end of the war the CCA and NSDF forces were scattered across the solar system in total confusion.  We have no way of knowing how long this lasted before the final attack on the Furies on Achillies.

So consider the Black Dogs, somewhat cut off from normal communications channels and possibly slightly paranoid after seeing the Soviets and Americans working together after the Fury revolt on Titan, as a side bar to the war.  Rather than the events happening AFTER the events in BZ1, they would have happened right near the end, at the same time that the BZ1 hero was confronting the Furies on Achillies and while the NSDF and CCA were working together.

The BDogs would consider those NSDF working with the CCA to be traitors, when in fact they were trying to come up with weapons with which to fight the Furies.

The Furies, otoh, would have split after Titan.  One group would have headed outward to Achillies in an attempt to escape the Solar System.  The other group would have headed inward towards Earth to confront humanity...

-Av-

Nielk1

Click on the image...

lucky_foot

@Avatar,

Good. That makes sense. :) Thanks for explaining it though that means I'm going to go nuts till I can play it. That's the problem with being a BZ nut.
Jonathan S.

The interesting thing about ROTBD is that the way it's described has a lot of elements that lean towards BZ2... even though to my knowledge none of the Crave people are on Pandemic's payroll.  Could be wrong, it's not like we ever see anyone but Nathan and Ken here...  :)

Maybe it's sortof how any sequel was planned to go 'back in the day'... with the world becoming biometal aware and all of the nations joining in to work together, while secretly some evil force in the background continued to mess with the Fury technology, and somehow connecting it with the BDogs...

Makes you wonder if, with a little more of this and that, BZ could have become another Quake dynasty...   :)

-Av-

General BlackDragon

Yea, I think it goes BZ1 with a little intermix at end with BZROTB, and then TRO, then came along a nice timegap, then BZ2....

*****General BlackDragon*****

VSMIT

We just need to figure out what goes in the time-gap.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

Battlezone Classic's Extended Campaign :)

oh Avatar....Story time! :)

VSMIT

Yay! :-D

Uncle Av's Story Time!

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Av, you medically need more coffee  :-D
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Coffee is somewhat how I achieved this state of undead...

Lately the oils in coffee give me heartburn, keeps me up at night, makes me tired, so I drink more coffee, the oils of which give me heartburn, which keeps me... well, you get it by now.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

-Av-

General BlackDragon

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Avatar on March 17, 2008, 06:55:30 PM
Coffee is somewhat how I achieved this state of undead...

ok - try diet coke
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

anomaly

Or something healthier like tea.