• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FE campaign - need help

Started by ugla, March 27, 2008, 03:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugla

Hello everybody,
I am an occasional BZ2 player and have just registered to ask for help in Forgotton Enemies campaign. I was unable to search the relevant answers despite finding few posts which touched it briefly.

My concern is with one of the last EDF missions "Two-Minute Warning", where you must seize and use the Wormhole Controller. The latter is my problem: upon pressing the "I" key, a short message "Logging to alien network appears, but they apparently must have some kind of heavy lag out there, because nothing else happens..

I've downloaded the Full-installer yesterday, which may contain later revision than I had used before, but it doesn't help either - maybe the savefile itself is corrupted by some "unwanted" action done before. I don't want to play the mission again, because I'm afraid I would end in the same situation as before. Thus, my questions are:

1. How do I activate the controller (which keys to press, etc.)? I've checked the entire keyboard, but nothing seems to work.
2. Which action(s) should I avoid when playing the mission again?

Ugla

bigbadbogie

yeah - ive had that problem too
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Oddly, the full version stopped working for me and I have to install in parts.

Is this the hacker scout mission?
An interface is supposed to open.

I remember having that issue too, but I just remember it working suddenly.
Try getting really close to the thing. I ended up basically flattening everything there except the controller and then getting next to it. Then again, only do all that if I am talking about the mission I think I am.

Click on the image...

ugla

Quote from: Nielk1 on March 27, 2008, 02:17:19 PM
An interface is supposed to open.

I remember having that issue too, but I just remember it working suddenly.
Try getting really close to the thing. I ended up basically flattening everything there except the controller and then getting next to it. Then again, only do all that if I am talking about the mission I think I am.

Yes, that's the one. However, it doesn't work for me. Do I need to press any special key combination? I'm somehow suspicious about this mission, because it shows some strange features from the very start. Namely, I have found two groups of procreators (three vehicles each), but two of the vehicles in the southwest group are "white" instead of "red", read: not enemy. Whether I destroy them prior or after destroying the original procreator, or not at all (I was ordered to do so in the very beginning of the mission) makes no difference. Moreover, after I receive the code from the rebel technician, a new red nav called "go to Cerberi landing" appears on my HUD, pointing towards far southeast corner of the map (over my main base). That is IMO some pretty strange behaviour which shows that something may have gone wrong..

General BlackDragon

All I had to do was be near the controller after the certian point and wala. It's all DLL controlled, you just gotta be in the right spot at the right time. Follow the missions navs closely, and make sure to complete objectives in order.

*****General BlackDragon*****

ugla

There are no other objectives than destroying all enemy procreators (which I suppose causes the trouble - see the above post) and picking up the rebel technician (who appear to arrive upon destroying enemy factory).

I have tried the two-parts install, but the procreators' "condition" is exactly the same as before, even if I head there in the very beginning of the mission.

General BlackDragon

make sure you kill all the white procreators. They're merely unfinished.

ugla

Killed off all six vehicles (4 red, 2 white), then destroyed the procreator in the controller area and rescued the rebel technician; still no point. I give up, I assume the .dll file included within the current installation must be bugged. I replayed the mission using just the B revision (not C), but the behaviour is exactly the same.

During my unsuccessful attempts to access the controller, the enemy keeps spawning nearby without posing any significant threat, and once I pilot the hacker scout to the vicinity of my main base, or hop out of it, I instantly loose getting the "I cannot believe you've lost the hacker scout.." comment from my superior.

Zero Angel

Quote from: General BlackDragon on March 28, 2008, 09:29:57 AM
make sure you kill all the white procreators. They're merely unfinished.
Right on my brotha. Native american supremacy foreverrrrrr!
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

you must fly the hacker scout to this special building i forget the name of...

bigbadbogie

god it would be so much simpler if we could just get the fe bzs scripts, then we could tell what to do
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

ugla

Which special building, or at least where? There is obviously the Wormhole Controller and also some weird complex surrounded by a lake with green liquid in the northeast corner of the map - haven't noticed anything else.

General BlackDragon

think ur supposed to sit next to the wormhole controller for like 30 seconds or more...

Zero Angel

That sounds about right. I think it was made that way so that the player wouldnt just charge into the base and quickly activate the controller befoer he loses his ship.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.