• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

- Battlezone Classic Demo

Started by General BlackDragon, May 04, 2008, 02:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

Battlezone Classic Demo 1 - RE Released 5/6/08; 11:00pm CST.

This is the BZC Physics / teaser Demo for Battlezone II version 1.3 Public Beta 3.

Download: Battlezone Classic Demo - Mirror 1 - Size: 10.38mb, Last updated 5/7/08, 4:30 pm CST

Download: Battlezone Classic Demo - Mirror 2 - Size: 10.38mb, Last updated 5/7/08 4:30 pm CST

- Updated installer again, Only the installer has changed, nothing in files did, so end users that already downloaded this, don't have to do it again. Added alternate cfg support so it doesnt touch stock, added icons and start menu sections. Also tossed a shortcut on desktop. Nice and pretty now. Everything works.

If you need the 1.3 Public Beta 3 patch, download it here: Battlezone II Patch v1.3PB3 Go to the first "here", then Patches, then 1.3, and Downlaod BZ2_v13PublicBeta3_english.exe - Size: 42mb

This Demo contains:

- 1 Instant Action Demo mission (made by General BlackDragon)
- 1 Deatchmatch map "DM Pyramid"
- Full BZC Shell complete with MP chat lobby
- 10 Battlezone 1 ships to pound eachother in MP with :)

!Warning - Public Beta 3's multiplayer is very warpy/laggy, and has dissapearing weapon renders once multiworld has been enabled (someone else enters game) If this bugs the crap out of you, host a lan, locked game, and use extra options to play against bots. (I was very *gracious* allowing the 1 MP map as it is, due to this. I was worried about the lag putting off BZ1 players. I can assure you, the full version in PB4, when released, will not have these issues)

Hope you enjoy it. :)

View Readme for more details.

Known Bugs:

- Dont put flash in a gun tower...oops
- Sky visibilityrange might be a bit high on some PC's.

Bug Fixes:

BZC Demo Fix 01 - Optional? - Fixes the crash in the instant mission with flash and the sky visibilityrange. Will not break assets, is purely optional. Unzip to root directory.

This demo was compiled by General BlackDragon.

*****General BlackDragon*****

BNG Da BZ Fool

Awesome, GBD. I'm DL'ing as I type!
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

General BlackDragon

===============================LINK UPDATED===============================

This will be the last time I patch the Demo, I promise.

General BlackDragon

I wonder if this could get stickied for a while, untill the full version comes out?

CmptrWz

I say......NO!

Because the main topic lives elsewhere.

General BlackDragon

Axeminister

Windy and I used the shell to make a mpi on dunes and she hosted and I tried to leave her game but the "leave game" icon was unclickable. I could only click "return to game" icon. I had to have her kick me so I could leave. We'll play it some more later. Was cool though.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

General BlackDragon

Readme/installer notes to install for the resolution u play on. If you don't, it'll try to draw things that may be off screen because resolutions dont match.