• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Little Fun, Have you seen a Gost

Started by shane ward, June 10, 2008, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane ward

And I do not mean in the corner of your bed room looking at you.

What I mean is have you seen anything strange in a battlezone game, Like something appearing around a hill. or something strange flash in front of you and disappear, or something that should not be in battlezone. And I am not meaning Bugs the game has. I mean real supernatural things that cannot be explained.....

Spooooookyyyyy OK lets gooooo.....

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

anomaly

Um, did something weird just happen to you?

Well, this has happened to me a few times on this one map, Dust Valley I think, for FE.  Near the middle of the map there's a pool in the middle of a shallow pond with a Fury guarding it.  Nearly every time I've played on that map I've come across the strangest phenomenon.  While sitting near the pool I began to hear the noise of explosions and shots being fired like I was in the middle of a battle.  Looking around I saw no ships, the closest ones were probably about 700m away.  And all this noise seemed to be originating from a point a bit away from the pool.  The only other clue I have is that the battle noise (gunspires fighting isdf units) sounded like what I might here if I were sitting back at the bottom middle pool, where we had several gunspires killing routine attack waves.  Like some sound wormhole, maybe it was transporting all the sound from there to here.  Obviously, that doesn't make sense but, I also don't understand why the game engine thought a particular point in space should start emitting noise from halfway across the map.

Nielk1

Effects with no world coordinates end up at 0,0,0 or the center of the map, so I see how sound can end up there.

I was played a DM with someone once. But, I was hosting and had not yet fixed my ports. Someone I have never heard of then or since joined, and, completely obliterated me. They said very little, and according to the IP list, had an IP of all 0s.

Figure that one out. I played something that can't exist. Oh, I should add, the router showed no traffic for my game going out. I think I was playing the AI somehow.

I've also had my BZ2 Mod itself, but that is another story.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Well, I dont have any truely weird ones for BZ2, but I do have a still as-of-yet unexplained one for Doom 1.

Every other time I play through it, E1M2 has a strange ambient sound that I've heard since the DOS days. Sounds like a reversed symbol crash and has no locatable source. Also is very faint and you have to have killed all the monsters in the area to be able to hear it. Its weird because, anyone I've asked doesnt know what it is, some have experienced it for themselves, and I have not known Doom 1 to have ambient sound points in the stock engine.

But for BZ2, the closest supernatural experience has to be that one ghost who keeps stealing my terrain and 3D models if I have sky set to [FULL] :P

Oh and that known glitch of the map 4 Play (and some others), where building effects randomly appear in the center of the map.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

when a unit goes through a portal it leaves behind its lights and effects!!

ooooOOOOOOOOhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

anomaly

Why would effects not have world coordinates?

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

anomaly

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Zero Angel

I see ghosts all the time. Except we call them vets, when you're playing on an aussie server on mwf 10. :p

Only supernatural experiences I've had were some horribly out of synch games on G66, where furies would appear in one spot and then teleport to random locations around you. Or when you'd be fighting a fury, then all the sudden it would end up behind you.

Also, i've heard of some portal glitches where people would be teleported to strange and unusual places, including out of the world.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

BNG Da BZ Fool

The strangest one I've ever seen occured after modifying a bzs sample file where it originally spawned a warrior every minute and had the get pilot command. I modified it to spawn an enemy pilot instead and built a central elevated (fortress type) area for the pilot to climb onto from which to defend against the onslaught of enemy pilots, and placed a ton of powerups all over the area. The map was a blast to play as after a while there were dozens of enemy pilots on the map.

The strange part came later on (days later in fact) when I went to play the map again and mysteriously the spawned pilots were now replaced by one of Lizards units; those nasty little spider looking things that spit toxic goo at you. Strangely, I didn't modifiy the dll to change this parameter; it somehow did it on it's own...eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh wwwwwwwwweeeeeeee
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

mrtwosheds

QuoteWhile sitting near the pool I began to hear the noise of explosions and shots being fired like I was in the middle of a battle.
I have seen this glitch on some of the early maps I made, I think it somehow comes from modifying an existing map instead of creating a new one as I have never seen it on any of the maps I built from scratch.
It would be interesting to find out what in the .bzn causes it and maybe use it to play a looping sound effect like wind.

Feared_1

Sometimes when I play ZST a Turret fires from somewhere else in the map, and I can see the blue Minigun fire coming out of the gun appearing randomly above the center pool (with the sound, so Steeveeo next time you hear battle sounds, look around you to see if there are any odd floating effects). Same with building Service Pods. I will see that blue smoke appear and dissolve right in front of me in the middle of the map. It's funny once a Turret has been upgraded to Chain gun, the effect in the center of the map will change from Minigun to Chain Gun.

It also seems that whenever a ship explodes, there is at least one part of it that goes flying 10000mph into the air and never comes back down.

This is all in 1.2, by the way.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Feared_1 on June 11, 2008, 12:59:54 PM
(with the sound, so Steeveeo next time you hear battle sounds, look around you to see if there are any odd floating effects)
It wasnt me, 'twas anomaly

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

shane ward

Has anyone seen any dead people try and comunicate to you through this game, Or any....

And I have not experenced any spooky or strange things, unless the game makes it.....
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2