• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

My first game release

Started by AcneVulgaris, June 25, 2008, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

PP humbly reports that FF crash all time now.  wrap_oal.dll no happy!

AppName: firefox.exe    AppVer: 1.8.20080.40413    ModName: wrap_oal.dll
ModVer: 2.0.0.0    Offset: 00028de9
What box???

Red Devil

What box???

AcneVulgaris

THANK YOU!

I haven't ever managed to get any kind of error message out of the thing...IE or FF just goes tits up and disappears.

Oddly enough, it works fine for me in both firefox and ie :(.

That looks like it's openal/sound related, which confirms some suspicions.  I do have a lot of sound sources in the thing...I'll make some changes and get another build up.

Zero Angel

Is this a windows only game? When I click on 'unity web player' nothing happens.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

Pickle Padawan get extra bowl of rice today.  :-D
What box???

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: Zero Angel on June 26, 2008, 02:20:53 PM
Is this a windows only game? When I click on 'unity web player' nothing happens.

Windows and OSX.  You might be able to download the windows player from unity3d.com and run that under wine, but I doubt it will work.  The windows player is proving to be pretty finicky.

If anybody has a mac, I can get them an app that does not require the web player.

GENERAL MANSON*

What about firefox version 3, Will it work on it?

Red Devil

Grrrr, FF alerts you when updates are available, but they don't alert you when new versions are available.  What's up with that?
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Yeah I downloaded it and installed it about 10 or so days ago.

Red Devil

No error so far when using FF 3.0.
What box???

AcneVulgaris

I took out the engine sound, which appeared to be causing the crashes...not sure though.  Waiting for a response from the Unity guys now...I'll probably pay for a support incident to get this fixed.

Steeveeo

I got down to 4 pickles.

BTW the tractor beam doesnt seem to do much more than flip my ship upsidedown and drag me along for the ride...

Also, if you can, could you take out the freeze effect that happens whenever I get caught up in an explosion? I dont like sitting on the ground for 30 seconds whilest all the other guys are making off with my peaches...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AcneVulgaris

You have a pretty good range with the pickle gun...just stay back!

If you got dragged around by the tractor beam, chances are you hooked into a pickle, not a peach.  The tractor beam is critical to saving all 3 peaches. Once you get hooked into a peach, turn around and haul it back with you.  You can pull them in reverse, but its slow because the reverse thrust is weaker than the forward thrust.

Assuming you can play at all...this sound bug is killing me.

Steeveeo

havent got the sound bug yet, but I was definitely hooked into a peach (it was headed toward the water and I had just killed the pickle chasing it), I hooked into it and pulled back and succeeded in flipping over and loosing the tractor.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

There was a tractor beam?

When it takes your mouse, and you get out, it is still invisible. If you can close the tab/window, you will get your mouse back (in IE).

Click on the image...