• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

My first game release

Started by AcneVulgaris, June 25, 2008, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcneVulgaris

The tractor beam will break if too much force is applied.  This can happen if a pickle blows up very close to the peach, or if you accidentally shoot the peach.

Steeveeo

Beat the game, all pickles dead, but no passcode...I've got a major sence of A Winner is You syndrome right now...

EDIT: HA! So it IS possible! You actually had to micromanage all 3 peaches. You need a difficulty setting, Easy: One peach left alive to win; Medium/Normal: 2 Peaches left to win; and Hard: All 3 alive to win.

And proof:

Passcode: Vermillion S. Dakota

Pickle Mastah baby. :mrgreen:

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Warfreak

I killed all 25 pickles (but then my last peach was so close to the ocean it rolled in.  :lol:)

Im Pickle Grasshoppa'

Steeveeo

Quote from: Warfreak on June 28, 2008, 06:54:38 AM
I killed all 25 pickles (but then my last peach was so close to the ocean it rolled in.  :lol:)

Im Pickle Grasshoppa'
lol there's 30 pickles.

Warfreak

oh...... opps.  :oops:

Im still Pickle Grasshoppa' :P

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: Steeveeo on June 28, 2008, 06:01:35 AM
Beat the game, all pickles dead, but no passcode...I've got a major sence of A Winner is You syndrome right now...

EDIT: HA! So it IS possible! You actually had to micromanage all 3 peaches. You need a difficulty setting, Easy: One peach left alive to win; Medium/Normal: 2 Peaches left to win; and Hard: All 3 alive to win.

And proof:

Passcode: Vermillion S. Dakota

Pickle Mastah baby. :mrgreen:

Congrats, Steevo!  You are teh r0x0rs!  PickleMastah Prime!   I was beginning to think I'd made it too hard.

The lower difficulty levels are kind of built in...it gives you the option to keep playing even though you are down a peach or two.  There is a restart button in the main menu if you are going for total mastery, however.  I was working under a 30 day time constraint, from knowing nothing about Unity and C# to producing a playable game, so many corners got cut.  I'll keep your idea in mind for a next release.

I've been pondering a co-op version, playable over a network, or maybe a pvp where you have to steal the other guys peaches.  I haven't played with the unity networking stuff yet, so I don't know how well it will work for pvp, but co-op should definitely be doable.

Does this sound interesting to you guys?

I have to get this audio issue fixed though, or I will have to dump the unity engine entirely...which would be sad...it works so sweet on the mac.

Steeveeo

Hmm, how about just a plain ol' DM mode? Either PvC or PvP would work if you can get the networking up and running.

Heh, for a victory meal, I ate a can of peaches :lol:

Also, note to all, shooting as many pickles as possible before they land sure does help, Pickle Sniping also helps (shooting down a pickle fromthe other side of the half-mile-wide valley).

Nielk1

This logo is free for any use by AcneVulgaris.
I have a PSD with the shapes and will make some backgrounds for you as well.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Red Devil

What box???

bigbadbogie

Looks like Canadians from southpark
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Pickle: "You think I'm Canadian, aye?"

EDIT:

(You click 'Download' to see the whole thing)

EDIT2:
OH NO! I forgot the K!

EDIT3:
Fixed it. Thank god for shapes!

Click on the image...

AcneVulgaris

Very cool art Nielk1, thank you!  I'll get that into the next update.

Plain old DM may be harder than it seems.  Network code for shooting at other people is difficult, given the speeds involved.  I'll give it a try though.

Nielk1

Can you use photoshop PSD files? (Because of layer effects used on some of the shapes you would need to open them in photoshop.)

If not, tell me the size and the format and I will get them exported for you. I can also get just the title from the 2 wallpapers.

Click on the image...

AcneVulgaris

Yeah, I can use the PSDs, I think.  Put them up and I'll make sure.