• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

My first game release

Started by AcneVulgaris, June 25, 2008, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcneVulgaris

Hi all.  I've been working on a little game that has physics inspired by BZ2....and it's finally ready to show the world.

Please check out http://slackerrevolution.com/PicklePanic, and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

needs to not hide my cursor, it was a pain in the ass to close the window...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

I don't think that was his fault though.

Same here.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

...wow ... um... well......what can i say??

10/10 for originality i suppose.. hmm
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

lucky_foot

Extremely unique. :) I had fun. :)

The only thing I notice is that when it hides my mouse in Firefox, after I get rid of the window, it still won't allow me to have my mouse back until I shut down firefox completely and start it again.

Besides that, It was cool. :D
Jonathan S.

Red Devil

What box???

AcneVulgaris

Thanks for the feedback guys.

That cursor thing has been bedeviling me...I thought I had it locked down.  This version of the unity engine only makes web packages for windows.

The safest bet is to go into settings and go fullscreen until you're done playing...then alt-f4 to close the browser.  I may look into having it just go full screen and stay there on launch, but that seemed a little rude...less rude than an invisible cursor, I suppose.

Red:  Did you try it more than once?  Did you get to play at all or did it crash at the menu?

VSMIT

It was unique.  Very unique.  But I couldn't really play it because I wasn't really getting anything over 5 FPS. :-P

That's my computer, I suppose...

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Devil

Trying it agin.  It says, "Press yout Home key to activate the menu"
What box???

Red Devil

How do you go fullscreen?

Duh, got it.
What box???

Red Devil

Got the same error the second time, but then it ran fine in subsequent attempts.

I got down to 1 pickle.  Pickle Mas-tah
What box???

Warfreak

Them some tough pickles.  :-D

Well, jsut leting you know that the player's pickle really feels like a BZ tank. Nice work....

Steeveeo

I basically kamekazid a pickle and died (I charged it, it blew up, and the game ended because I had -7479 health :lol:)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AcneVulgaris

Quote from: Red Devil on June 26, 2008, 11:39:39 AM
Trying it agin.  It says, "Press yout Home key to activate the menu"

Yout got a problem with that, Pickle Mastah? 

You are but a pickle padewan, anyhow...to win the game, you must destroy all the pickles and keep all 3 peaches alive.  I've done it, so I know it's possible.  If you succeed, you will get a pass code on the game over screen. When you post the pass code here, all will know you have ascended to the rank of Pickle Mastah!

I have a new version up...there was a problem where it wouldn't save your mouse settings from game to game.  I also set the default mouse mode to inverted, as that seems the most popular...can be changed in settings.

If you're getting a low frame rate, I suggest going into settings and selecting a low resolution.  This will put you in full screen mode, which also helps.  I have been able to get about 15fps on an old g4 mac mini with a legendarily sucky graphics chipset...if you have anything less than that, I'm sorry, i just cant' help you :(

I've got an intermittant crash bug that appears to have to do with playing sounds....when you fire the gun.  Appears to happen only near the start of the game...if anybody observes it later on, I'd like to know about it.

Quote from: Steeveeo on June 26, 2008, 12:59:07 PM
I basically kamekazid a pickle and died (I charged it, it blew up, and the game ended because I had -7479 health :lol:)

Gotta be careful...them pickles blows up hard....especially if you shoot a bunch of them weak.  When one finally goes, it can start a massive chain reaction that can kill you and/or blast your peach out into deep water.