• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

is it possible to restrict weapons on craft a little more?

Started by TheJamsh, July 21, 2008, 11:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

this is NOT about the new feature in PB4 where powerup masks have been added in FYI... i dont want a whole thread on that, (even if its is difficult to wrap my head around)...

im just curious as to how i can specify weapons ONLY on certain craft, lets say i have an anti-air cannon that i want to be available to only two different craft through the terminal in the factory, but to NO other craft with the cannon hardpoint...

ive already used the mortar with an assault flag in a few other vehicles... can this be done? is there an ODF entry im missing out on that will restrict certain weapon ODF's to specific craft?

or can isAssault be changed to a value of 3 so that it will only pick up weapons with 3 in the isAssault flag? cheers!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

yeh assault special is used.... didnt think about pack/hand/shield weapons...

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on July 21, 2008, 05:34:25 PM
yeh assault special is used.... didnt think about pack/hand/shield weapons...

Hand already has an assault form.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

Yea, I didnt think of adding pack.

The common UN USED hardpoints that no stock weapons match are: Assault Special, Shield, Pack.

If you're making a mod, u can restrict whatever hardpoint/assault combinations u like.

TheJamsh

well lets say i had a flak cannon... and i add a hp_flak_1 to my AA turret...

if the weapon ODF says wpnCategory = "FLAK" and i add in a quick little hp_flak.tga icon will that work or not?? somewhere ill have to define what FLAK is wont i?? i dunno...

mrtwosheds

No it won't.
Gun
Cannon
Mortar
Rocket
Special
Shield
Hand
Pack

Thats it as far as I can remember.
As far as I know Mortar, Special, Shield and Pack do not have any Assault type in the stock game.
I use Assault Mortar and Assault Special to define new limitations on what unit can hold what weapon.
Its more a question of designing a whole race than just one unit.
I use Assault Mortar for the "Special Weapons Dalek" (Its not called that, names too long) and the walker. The weapons are not all
mortars. Assault Special I have used for My flyers bombs and missiles.

TheJamsh

well im using a separate building with different weapon.odf files for flying units and land based units alike... itll be the same for my dock, recycler, flight bay, factory etc...

it gives me a little more give. i use assault mortar quite a bit... hm ill have to experiment and shift things around best i can

General BlackDragon

16 different hardpoints that can be locked to seperate weapon types

isnt that enough?  :-D

TheJamsh