• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fix: Lockrange

Started by Steeveeo, August 17, 2008, 12:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Try setting it to -500. :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

QuoteHmmmm....while I'm at it, should I add the terrain avoidance features to them?
I have been experimenting with this, it is only suitable for certain types of missile, like shadower's for example.
Fafs are good for killing pilots by shooting the ground, you can't do that if it avoids the ground.
Heat seekers are fairly indiscriminate when it comes to selecting targets, and I think the avoidance function is more likely to make them miss and hit something else, like your own scavs.
It should probably be used on weapons with team filters as weird things happen if you fire one at your own buildings and it attempts to avoid it and hit it. Tag-missiles with ground/object avoidance can also cause this conflicting objective issue.

Having said that, It does seem to work quite well with the AI and Laser missiles, as "loose" missiles avoid the ground and find the next target the AI points at.
I had to make some serious adjustments to the Dalek Laser Bombs after a Hillarious/scary incident involving me, about 28 "still live" laser bombs and the destruction of about 1/2 of my base...

I like this feature Im sure creative weapon smiths can make some wonderfull new weapons with it.

Red Devil

I agree about the team filters, but not so sure about the avoidance thing on heat seekers.  The lack of it causes them to plow into the ground if you're in back of a small hill and the target is beyond that.  With the lockRange and avoid range set small, you can still nuke the pilots.
What box???

Zero Angel

Agreed, the terrain avoidance relies on the missile's ability to turn.  (if it can't turn fast enough, then it will crash into the terrain) So it would still be possible to FAF pilots that are on the ground, you would just have to adjust your aim a little bit.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

[MissileClass]
velocForward = 150   // powered speed of the missile
accelThrust = 50      // rate the missile can change speed
delayTime = 3.0         // homing delay time (zero turn rate)
rampTime = 0.5         // homing ramp time (from zero to full turn rate)
avoidRange = 50.0      // terrain obstacle-avoidance range
avoidStrength = 50.0      // terrain obstacle-avoidance strength (~2 seems best)

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

It was almost impossible to kill arc mines with the missiles in QF mod.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Its not just the ground but friendly objects they avoid too, heat seekers have no ability to regain their intended target after avoidance.

bigbadbogie

N1- Did you consider at all that you are supposed to use the machinegun??

My BZ2 mods:

Red Devil

With a large coneAngle (Pi), they can pick up pretty much any target within their lockRange.
What box???

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 19, 2008, 09:27:21 PM
N1- Did you consider at all that you are supposed to use the machinegun??

That P-Shooter??

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Its more powerful than the standard minigun.  :-P

My BZ2 mods:

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 19, 2008, 11:56:02 PM
Its more powerful than the standard minigun.  :-P
So we're shooting pebbles at them instead of lima beans?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

mrtwosheds

QuoteWith a large coneAngle (Pi), they can pick up pretty much any target within their lockRange.
That's why I said Intended target.

Red Devil

FAF is a thermal missile launched from a cannon and not a thermal launcher, so it get it's lock where it finds one, not from the launcher.  That's why flares work.
What box???

Red Devil

What were you using to launch the thermalmissile, Steeveeo?
What box???