• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fix: Lockrange

Started by Steeveeo, August 17, 2008, 12:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Same way FAFs are launched at first, but I also tried the ThermalLauncher class before IIRC (its been awhile since this issue).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Red Devil

Okay, I'll try it again by shooting it straight up with a cannon from my base in Alien Dunes.
What box???

Red Devil

Nope, I don't get it using stock.  Only after gradually lowering the pitch of the gun does the missile head towards a nearby target.
What box???

Commando

Is the lockRange specified for FAFs?  If so, I would comment it out so it will default to the weapon's actual range.  Lifespan * speed.

Red Devil

Then its lockRange would be 120 meters, so if it got, say, 100 meters out, it could still lock on something 120 meters away, distracting it from something near it.

When lockRange is set to ~50 meters, it behaves much more like a true FAF missile, where, if it is fired near something ~100 meters away, it will suddenly lock onto that target when it gets near it and turn to hit it.  Looks cooler, too.   :mrgreen:
What box???

Just to toss my 2 cents in here...

Keep in mind that not all missiles are supposed to be 'smart' missiles.  Obviously the FAF is supposed to be smart, in keeping with the whole 'fire and forget' philosophy, but others like the Hornet are not supposed to be too smart.  It's left up to the user to accurately target and properly use a 'dumb' missile and any changes to how smart they are will be the source of endless complaints...

IOW I don't think I like the idea of other than the FAF, Comet, and WASP being too good at avoiding other things in their way such as terrain, friendlies, other enemies than were targeted, etc...  even Shadowers, despite their name, should have fairly tight limits to how well they can shadow you...  (yes, I admit it, I hide behind my Scavs)  :)

-Av-

(who gets very nervous whenever he sees a thread with both 'missiles' and 'Red Devil' in it...) :evil:

Red Devil

Remember that Shadower we made that followed you around for 5 minutes through the alleys on Loot and blew you up if it got you?   :lol:

*stops rocking*

Well, fear not; I didn't add any of that.  :-)
What box???

General BlackDragon

i'd like to see that missile RD.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Red Devil

What box???

TheJamsh

couldnt be too hard, no waver, slower speed and that fancy new avoidance feature should be a good way to do it =]

wouldn't mind playing with it though =D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

This is the closest I could find.  Was playing around with it afterwards.

[OrdnanceClass]
classLabel = "imagemissile"
shotGeometry = "iorckt00.xsi"

shotgeometryScale = 8.5

shotSound = "hrckt05.wav"

xplGround = "xshdwgnd"
xplVehicle = "xshdwcar"
xplBuilding = "xshdwbld"

renderName = "shadow_c-DM.render"

ammoCost = 25
lifeSpan = 300.0 // 16000m
shotSpeed = 20.0

damageValue(N) = 5000 // none
damageValue(L) = 5800 // light
damageValue(H) = 5400 // heavy

damageValue(S) = 5800 // standard
damageValue(D) = 5400 // deflection
damageValue(A) = 5000 // absorbtion

[MissileClass]
omegaTurn = 8.0
velocForward = 40.0      // powered speed of the missile
accelThrust = 30.0      // rate the missile can change speed
delayTime = 0.5         // homing delay time (zero turn rate)
rampTime = 1.0         // homing ramp time (from zero to full turn rate)
avoidRange = 50.0      // terrain obstacle-avoidance range
avoidStrength = 5.0      // terrain obstacle-avoidance strength (~2 seems best)

TeamFilter = 3  // 0 = targets all teams, 1 = targets same team only, 2 = targets only allies, 3 = targets only enemies, 4 = targets not same team

[ImageMissileClass]
coneAngle = 0.75
What box???