• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Thinking Inside The Box

Started by CivBase, September 08, 2008, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

lol
Quote from: Feared_1
I would say this should be the only topic with this kind of stuff. Random spam is sometimes OK, but if more people come by and see that this is what we do, they will do it to. It just opens doors that lead to more doors. I also don't want to make Sonic and RD regret that they re-added this.
Every forum needs a place to let loose.  I'm on a forum where everything has to be 100% on topic or it's deleted and it's a spam nightmare over there.  But yah, this stuff probably shouldn't go anywhere but here.

Nielk1

Quote from: CivBase on September 08, 2008, 06:38:09 AM

I'm sorry but by observing said box one has already established the cat as inside in our reality and it is now a fact. No more quantum box.

Its only a quantum box if no one does, nor has ever, known what is in it.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

So it may or may not be a quantum box if it had remained closed?

Schrodinger's Cat, much?

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

OvermindDL1

NoScript is a plugin for Firefox that fixes sites like that, that would pop up tons of crap or do otherwise annoying javascript related stuff.  It is considered one of the "must-have" extensions and is always in one of the top 3 places (along with adblock and such as well).

And yes, as you know, space is relative, the particles may know what state they are in inside the box due to being viewed by something in the local space, but if something in another local space (outside the box, assuming the box had no transferrence of information between inside and outside) then when one views the other it would cause the reality to collapse into a single function, because each reality, both inside and outside the box, may know its state, there are an infinite number of states and an infinite number of realities, and the realities would not mesh until there was some transference of information, in DB terms, it would be a many-to-many relation which becomes a random (yes, real random) 1-to-10 relation when information transfers.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

CivBase

Quote from: VSMIT on September 08, 2008, 09:58:09 AM
So it may or may not be a quantum box if it had remained closed?

Nielk1

Its taped shut, clearly someone at some point knew what was in it.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

CmptrWz

Regardless of that, the question could be "is it still living" and not "is it in the box"

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on September 08, 2008, 09:01:03 AM
I'm sorry but by observing said box one has already established the cat as inside in our reality and it is now a fact. No more quantum box.

Its only a quantum box if no one does, nor has ever, known what is in it.
N1, shut up with your science and learn to take a joke unseriously.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Quote from: CmptrWz on September 08, 2008, 04:37:17 PM
Regardless of that, the question could be "is it still living" and not "is it in the box"

lol

Click on the image...

Feared_1

Sorry to go back in time a bit, but this box thing gets on my nerves. You're all being so technical, asking "is it REALLY in the box"? For most people, and by that I mean all people, natural instinct to find out if something is in a box would be to take the box in your hand. If it is heavy, there is something in it. If you are not sure, SHAKE THE DAMN BOX!

Moving on...

I can't find the picture of it, but when I was on vacation one time I saw a sign on a restaurant that was SUPPOSE to say "Waffles Steak And More!". Coincidentally, the W and S was burned out on the waffle part of the sign, so it read "Affle Steak And More!" (could otherwise be read as "Awful Steak And More) :P .

Nielk1

Any kind of observation of the box would put something in it. Now, since every box we see was made by another human, its all pre-established.

Click on the image...

CivBase

There is no such thing as fact (that's a fact).  Everything is technicaly theory.

So why did this get moved?... whoever did it moved a lot of the "funny stuffs'" stuffs with it lol.

VSMIT

They split the thread because new we're talking about quantum boxes.

I prefer the Schrodinger's Cat theory, anyway.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

But a cat in a box would establish its own existence inside said box. Or rather the inside of the box itself, since I am unsure if the cat would be in a quantum state until observed by something else. If that cat is in a quantum state, then that would mean that if someone was never observed they would not exist. Scawy.

Click on the image...