• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.2 vet ads :(

Started by Dataanti, October 04, 2008, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ego - Nikolas

Abaut overmind1, you may say lots of stuff, but your wrong abaut what you just post. What you post is a lie, and you know it.
If ppl love to program they will go to md, i did my part of abit of bz2 programing, computer bios, hw, ext.
Related to game i make fiew maps and play alot so as rest of vets.(got nothing to fix coz there is nothing wrong with zst, and you know it and you help to create it)

I see bz2maps as good site, beside we swich to support 1.3, since all other major sites not support zst or 1.2 gaming!
Im not asking nothing to return, but other sites who are mainly for 1.3, spam alot "what vets do.."
We do what we do, get use to it, fixing bz2 wount help you fixing ppl who play this game for a long time.
It is not my problem what is vets behavior, and i believe it will be better for you to keep you mouth shut abaut vets and adv lobbys.

bz2maps Lobbys are responce to 1.3 pacth, 6 lobby adv. Cmon!
I see nothing wrong in bz2maps lobby.

lucky_foot

Quote from: Raven on October 06, 2008, 11:15:09 AM
That thread is rather amusing I must say...

@Raven,

Nice to see ya!

@All,

Forgive me if I sound like I'm paranoid, but this is starting to sound like a beginning of a flame war. Could we tone it down back to a discussion? maybe move it to the Overdrive Terminal so it can be even used for a debate?

Just don't want to see CmptrWz hammer us again with closing down parts of the sites again. :D

Jonathan S.

OvermindDL1

Ooo, this should be fun. :)
Fair warning since you do not know me well, I am a pure INTJ (I just found this link, I must remember it, very accurate) (or google for more information).

I do not think I am wrong about what I say, as everything I say has a logical reason behind it, and as you are offering no proof that just goes further to prove what I stated (and if you wish for me to go into details, just ask, anyone here would know just how long my posts can get on average).
BZ2MD (which is what I guess what you meant by 'md') is for modders, not programmers, I have seen no programmers there.  Programming in the respects I stated also has absolutely nothing to do with the list you placed at the end of you 'md' sentence.
I only beta tested ZST before it was released, I never actually did any modding for it as it required no programming abilities to do (well, I think I made a library function or two, too long ago to remember).

And your very phrase about 'switching' to support 1.3 just further goes to show how you think.  Any BZ2 site should be agnostic about the patch choices, and from what I read you seemed to destroy and ban any mention of the 1.3 patch (which might have been warrented if you gave any logical reason for it, just further goes to show you are not of an NT type).  BZU is (currently anyway) agnostic to versions, as is BZ2MD, as is BZC, as is BCC, as is TD, as etc...  All the sites I can think of, except for BZ2Maps are all patch agnostic.  There is no "we support patch <whatever>", it is just "we support BZ2" (and BZ1 for many of them).  So yes, all other major sites support ZST (especially TD, since that is where it was made at) and 1.2 just fine, there is nothing stopping anything anywhere except at BZ2Maps.
And I have no clue what you are going on about 'vets', especially since I never mention them (you really do not pay attention, do you?).

As for the lobby's, I tried to join one (since a computer lobby is something you chat and converse in), could not join, the server timed-out, certainly not well made is it.

Speaking of, I have seen no lobby's for 1.3 in the map listing (not that it would make any sense to have any since 1.3 supports IRC).

But yes, in the map listings, look at how polluted it is:

Looks like a 6-year old was playing with a generator or something.  Only one real game in that whole section.  Whoever set that up is truly retarded (in my first INTJ link, go to the FAQ and look at the question about 'retarded' in the first page height, I do not mean it in that kind of a way, I mean the person is truly retarded).

And now, following the INTJ way of logically proving my point (well, without making a small book-size worth of a post), I shall now go back to ignoring the idiot.

EDIT:  If he makes a logical and well reasoned post (preferably without looking like an 8-year old typed it, horrible spelling/grammar), this shall keep going, but if his little SF ego got hurt and he lashes out emotionally, will be locked.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Feared_1

Ego was the one who put the lobbys up. He truly means good by using them. There is no reason to have so many, but his intentions are good. He wants newish 1.2 players to know that it IS possible for them to get into vet games with just a little practice, maybe some training.

Ego, go ahead and remove the 1.1 lobby. I don't think many people see it :P

Careful not to let this topic go out of control, I mean it. As already mentioned, I don't want the site to drive itself closer to that cliff of DOOM.

EDIT: Doom, not Foom.

bigbadbogie

How does he even make these lobbys? Does he have like 10 computers with different versions of bz2 active all the time?

Or some other little program that I am yet to understand.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Ego - Nikolas

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on October 06, 2008, 01:22:13 PM
Ooo, this should be fun. :)
Fair warning since you do not know me well, I am a pure INTJ (I just found this link, I must remember it, very accurate) (or google for more information).

I do not think I am wrong about what I say, as everything I say has a logical reason behind it, and as you are offering no proof that just goes further to prove what I stated (and if you wish for me to go into details, just ask, anyone here would know just how long my posts can get on average).
BZ2MD (which is what I guess what you meant by 'md') is for modders, not programmers, I have seen no programmers there.  Programming in the respects I stated also has absolutely nothing to do with the list you placed at the end of you 'md' sentence.
I only beta tested ZST before it was released, I never actually did any modding for it as it required no programming abilities to do (well, I think I made a library function or two, too long ago to remember).

And your very phrase about 'switching' to support 1.3 just further goes to show how you think.  Any BZ2 site should be agnostic about the patch choices, and from what I read you seemed to destroy and ban any mention of the 1.3 patch (which might have been warrented if you gave any logical reason for it, just further goes to show you are not of an NT type).  BZU is (currently anyway) agnostic to versions, as is BZ2MD, as is BZC, as is BCC, as is TD, as etc...  All the sites I can think of, except for BZ2Maps are all patch agnostic.  There is no "we support patch <whatever>", it is just "we support BZ2" (and BZ1 for many of them).  So yes, all other major sites support ZST (especially TD, since that is where it was made at) and 1.2 just fine, there is nothing stopping anything anywhere except at BZ2Maps.
And I have no clue what you are going on about 'vets', especially since I never mention them (you really do not pay attention, do you?).

As for the lobby's, I tried to join one (since a computer lobby is something you chat and converse in), could not join, the server timed-out, certainly not well made is it.

Speaking of, I have seen no lobby's for 1.3 in the map listing (not that it would make any sense to have any since 1.3 supports IRC).

But yes, in the map listings, look at how polluted it is:

Looks like a 6-year old was playing with a generator or something.  Only one real game in that whole section.  Whoever set that up is truly retarded (in my first INTJ link, go to the FAQ and look at the question about 'retarded' in the first page height, I do not mean it in that kind of a way, I mean the person is truly retarded).

And now, following the INTJ way of logically proving my point (well, without making a small book-size worth of a post), I shall now go back to ignoring the idiot.

EDIT:  If he makes a logical and well reasoned post (preferably without looking like an 8-year old typed it, horrible spelling/grammar), this shall keep going, but if his little SF ego got hurt and he lashes out emotionally, will be locked.

It is hard for me to read all this, im geting a point before im wiling to read this but as harder you trying to put me some points proving me what im not 100% informed makes me go play some game. Im not taking blames on me coz infos dont cost alot now days anyway. (Besides your skills of programing makes me throw my windows down and put your os :) )
I dont need those infos in life, sorry but thats a pots what i will never be using in practical bz2 computer life.

You keep teling me retards exc w/e you ego post, makes image of 1.3 community and makes you less important bz2 character for me/vets.

When your rdy to exept your self to help i will be willing to ask for any help that your rdy to help. Im waiting for you guys!

Nielk1

I read the whole thing, he didn't use retard with the common meaning.

Click on the image...

Raven

Why does this keep happening...
Ok I'm way too tired to sit here and type a long post so I'll keep it trim.

There are many, many attitude problems within the 1.2 community, I don't agree with how you regarded 1.3 as a bannable subject - I mean, really? Its fairplay for people to decide what they wish to play, I go on 1.2 now and then as well as 1.3. Telling people right from the start that 1.3 sucks and making them play 1.2 (quote Nielk1 on the polarising posts/polls and other's opinions) is damaging to the already frail community. You will be sorry when nobody plays anymore.

I must commend you on at least allowing talk on 1.3 as it is indeed a step in the right direction regardless of whether you were wrong in the first place - so thank you.

As stated, the claims of this site not supporting 1.2 is wrong and uninformed. Probably by the hatred of 1.3 and therefore its community and site. As Overmind said every bz2 site we know (not sure on community.de) support any patch. We will recommend 1.3 as it is unarguably more stable but we leave them with the choice if it isn't to their preference. If someone here asks for help with 1.2 and states that they wish to play 1.2 we will help them regardless, as should every site.

This is no time to play the blame game as we're getting things sorted, but it must be stated that a lot of the current problems came from the 'vet' community regarding their uninformed and unjust views on 1.3 along with their pushy attitude to new players. Being aggressive in-game to 'noobs' is an obvious sign - there will always be rookies, we need them for the community to sustain itself.
If you actually think about it, none of us tried to force players on what patch to use, nor did we make any false accusations nor personal insults to sway people's views - it was the 'vets'.

I'm glad this stupid feud is finally getting sorted out - keep it up and lets hope others sort themselves out.

Ok that wasn't exactly trim... Bed now.

Sonic

This community does has difference in opinion, take Zero Angel and I. I believe that hovering is an exploit, a down right cheat in the game. ZA will justify it as a skill. Who's right? I dunno, does it matter? Players choose if they want to use 1.3, there is no mandatory patch system that says you can't play 1.2 anymore. The only thing I get pissed at is when someone posts about hovering and doesn't give all the facts. Obviously it's an opinion the reader has to make, but is it so hard to say "Some players believe it to be a skill, the developers say it's an exploit, either way, you get to choose if you want to play 1.2 or 1.3."

As for you mentioning programmers/modders; they can't just go to a 'programing only' board, they need input from players. Look at all the mods, hell, look at FE. FE took both programing skills and modding skills combined with player input to put together a great community project that is still enjoyed to this day. I don't know why you think so negatively about them, just because they may not put as much hours in game play, they are still a strong force in the community.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Raven

One might even say they have more of a life if they don't sit there playing a game 24/7 and actually do something constructive such as modding it...

And as usual, everything is down to choice. Nobody has the right to make others' choices for them.

OvermindDL1

I (nor could a few others here, will not name them unless they wish to do so themselves) could not figure out what he said as a response, but I asked a 'net-speak' friend of mine to attempt to translate (he takes these up as a challenge, no one here knows him), this is the original:
Quote from: Ego - Nikolas on October 06, 2008, 03:10:42 PM
It is hard for me to read all this, im geting a point before im wiling to read this but as harder you trying to put me some points proving me what im not 100% informed makes me go play some game. Im not taking blames on me coz infos dont cost alot now days anyway. (Besides your skills of programing makes me throw my windows down and put your os :) )
I dont need those infos in life, sorry but thats a pots what i will never be using in practical bz2 computer life.

You keep teling me retards exc w/e you ego post, makes image of 1.3 community and makes you less important bz2 character for me/vets.

When your rdy to exept your self to help i will be willing to ask for any help that your rdy to help. Im waiting for you guys!

And what was guessed as a translation by him (verbatim):
It is hard for me to read all of your post (because I am a moron). I'm getting to a point where before I read what you post, I have to make sure you aren't insulting my intelligence, and attempting to prove to me that I am not completely informed on what it is I am speaking about.. Instead of reading your post, I had to go play another game to make myself feel better about my epic lack of intelligence.  I won't take the blame for being uninformed since information is easy to come by on the internet, so I let someone else do the research for me.  (some insult about programming and windows here, I think he was trying to say something about how you made him throw out his windows system for a better operating system, as some kind of insult.)  I don't need to have the relevant information on the topic at hand because it won't help me in life (why is this person here again?) I apologize for being a moron, but I have no reason to use the information in your post in practical BZ2 gameplay.

And as for the rest, he could not figure out what he was thinking he meant, so he just did a direct text conversion (getting rid of the horrible spelling, makes it more 'readable, but still makes no sense, still verbatim):
You keep telling me retards accept whatever you ego post, makes image of 1.3 community and makes you a less important BZ2 character for me and veterans.

When you are ready to accept yourself to help, I will be willing to ask for any help that you are ready to help.

My translator friend also took me step-by-step through each part telling why he thinks something meant what he thinks it meant, I can post that too if so wish.

I do not mean this as any kind of insult, I am truly just extremely curious as to what he meant as I sincerely doubt he is speaking English.

I cannot tell if he has a logical response or if he was emotionally charged, and as such I do not know whether to lock this or let it continue, so please, can someone translate?

(P.S.  The friend that translated the above, for note, is an INTP, this kind of thing is something they excel at when they want; especially since he got a great deal further in the possible translation then I or the other two here did.)

EDIT:  I really did try to stay away from talking about his spelling and grammar, but I just have no clue what he said, and bad spelling and grammar aside, I can usually still get the gist of what someone is saying, but since I cannot even understand him, I really am just trying to figure out what he said.

Zero Angel

Quotemake myself feel better about my epic lack of intelligence.
LOL. Epic lack of intelligence -- that sounds like something an INTJ would say in real life. The INTP's I know are usually too nice, externally, to say such things. the INTJ I know would just straight up call someone a moron :)

(btw: i'm an INFJ)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Dianoga4

It doesn't take a brainiac to realize that more then likely, english isn't his first language. At this point OM, with your subtle (some subtle, some not so subtle) insults in your last point post towards him, if the thread is turning into a flamefest, a different moderator should close the thread. It's not really fair for any mod to have any kind of pissing match with someone in a thread then close it.

BTW, what's with all this INTJ, INTP, INTwhatever crap? It seems to be popping up more and more here. Did everyone here start suddenly caring about this and wanting to know what everyone is for some reason? Really....who cares.

Dia

CmptrWz

No no, I, an administrator, want to see how this turns out.

Until I say otherwise, as far as I am concerned, this topic isn't lockable.

Mainly because I want to know what the hell Ego said, and I can't figure it out either.

Steeveeo

I'd also like to know...

Also, OM, is there a survey or something that I could take to figure out what exactly I am? From what I read on the INTJ site, I do not think I'm that (too in touch with my emotions :P).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.