• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.2 vet ads :(

Started by Dataanti, October 04, 2008, 06:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataanti

who ever put these adds up should be BaNiShEd from BZ2 MP cause who ever calls the flying/hovering GLITCH is noobish and stupid cause its a BUG as in not ment to be in game and thats y it was fixed in 1.3

check it out

http://www.bzcomplex.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=33&pos=2

and they cant even spell school

Steeveeo

pb4 filters those out into the void ;)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Dataanti

Feared_1

Quote from: Dataanti on October 04, 2008, 06:09:26 PM
who ever put these adds up should be BaNiShEd from BZ2 MP cause who ever calls the flying/hovering GLITCH is noobish and stupid

If you "banished" those people, Battlezone II would lose 2/3 of it's players. The people who say that hovering is a skill are really, truly, the best players in the game. Don't believe me? Go play with a few.

Why are you looking at those anyway? You shouldn't even be able to see them.

General BlackDragon

Strange that you speak that way of people who banned you.

I found out why.

http://www.bz2maps.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2599

Retardedness. When will the admin there (Ego/Nikolas) Realize that 1.3 is BZ as well, and that there is nothing wrong with mentioning it when attempting to help explain to someone how to get their game installed/working.

It's kindof like a different operating system in the way that, if there is an issue, people who are trying to fix it need to know if you're running 1.2 or 1.3. When you call a tech support for your computer, The telephone company does not ban the technition because he mentions that if you're running vista, you have to do this and that.

Why should this be any different? Tell me.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Sarge125

It's because they don't get the idea that 1.2 is old, 1.3 is in. At least we don't ban people who mention 1.2 in here.

shane ward

I just stuck 4 or 5 rocket tanks around my base and I don't care if they fly or not.... It is funny watching them get blown out of the sky and there is no where for them to run, because they are in the air....
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Feared_1

I was banned because I posted a big fat post (that I wasted 30 minutes on) with a huge, red "DO NOT DELETE THIS POST" stuck on it... twice (because he just removed the first one, good thing I had it copied).

My post was very helpful to this guy that needed it. I was very specific, used more simple words because he did not speak good English, and was less crabby than my other two posts (hey, I was tired). I posted separate instructions for BOTH 1.2 and 1.3 (like which prompts to click on when installing 1.2 or 1.3, where you should download things to, which things to download, etc.) Apparently they don't like me helping people around there...

Anywho...
4-5 Rocket Tanks would set off some kind of alarm for most strat players and they would start asking questions like "where did they get so much scrap, and why are they building all of those rocket tanks?". They would want to know what's up :P . Your base would suddenly become a huge target (by base, I mean Recycler).

Zero Angel

Quote from: Dataanti on October 04, 2008, 06:09:26 PM
who ever put these adds up should be BaNiShEd from BZ2 MP cause who ever calls the flying/hovering GLITCH is noobish and stupid cause its a BUG as in not ment to be in game and thats y it was fixed in 1.3

check it out

http://www.bzcomplex.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=33&pos=2

and they cant even spell school
I'm not going to go over it again, but people have different opinion on whether the hovering glitch adds value to bz2 gameplay. Your average 1.2 vet has put over a thousand hours of gameplay in (over the course of 9 years, this isnt unusual -- if we multiply 364*9, we get 3476 -- so thats how much hours a vet would have if he played an average of an hour a day for 9 years) -- If you put a real vet into 1.3, he'll be more than a match for any 1.3 player who merely put in a couple hundred hours of bz2 gameplay.

Also, Ego/Nikolas put those ad servers up, and he can barely even speak english... And those ads annoy me too, since I use /poweruser, so I can see like 8 copies of them, one for each version of BZ2.

Also, Feared is talking about getting temp banned for posting about 1.3 when Ego/Nikolas (an admin at bz2maps) is prejudiced about topics that mention 1.3 and either deletes them or tries to lump them all into one topic. Will that stop us from making legitimate, useful posts about 1.3? NO IT WONT. :)

Quote from: shane ward on October 05, 2008, 08:44:58 PM
I just stuck 4 or 5 rocket tanks around my base and I don't care if they fly or not.... It is funny watching them get blown out of the sky and there is no where for them to run, because they are in the air....
If you had 3 upgraded extractors, i'd be more concerned about knocking those out than hovering your base. :-P

(though rckt tanks make good anti hover defenses)

P.S.: If you ever see me online, we should get some games in. I've always wanted to have some strats with a some BZU people on my team.  :-D
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Zero Angel on October 05, 2008, 10:11:34 PM
Also, Feared is talking about getting temp banned for posting about 1.3 when Ego/Nikolas (an admin at bz2maps) is prejudiced about topics that mention 1.3 and either deletes them or tries to lump them all into one topic.

Screw him then, the bloody ungrateful piece of crap.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Before he deletes my post:

Quote from: nielk1When helping another he gave them a choice between 1.2 and 1.3. Giving ppl a choice here is just not allowed, no one can ever talk about 1.3. If someone talks about 1.3, no matter what their position, standing, or how long they have been a member of this board, they will be attacked and maybe even lynched.

There is no consideration for the player here and gosh darn'it that's how Ego likes it. His way, only his way, never any other way! Anyone else has no place!

There is not even the consideration to put even a link to a 1.3 site marked 1.3 only here, but instead the label is put on topics for just the mention of the number, and the topic is shortly there after locked.

Anyone who goes against this is to be destroyed. Any place where public opinion may come out in the opposite is locked or deleted. This is the land of 1.2, and only 1.2, and NOTHING ELSE. You will not even get direction to another location for help. "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

Click on the image...

Void

lol I'd have to say they got OWNED!

Nielk1

Look at the BS he is pulling now!

My reply:
Quote from: Nielk1Now you hare HORRIDLY WRONG.

We are not trying to force 1.3 on anyone, and we are not trying to change this into some sort of 1.3 site. INFACT BZUniverse, BZ2MD, BZComplex, and all the other sites are version independent.

When this site started it was a normal place for Vet discussion and map making. It is not a place for you to force your views on others and then blame us.

You are just WRONG. You are not in touch with what is actually happening and seem to be going into some sort of psychopathic schizophrenic.

I want the old BZ2Maps back, the one where it was free discussion for all versions. A place where 1.2 Vets could talk about games and map packs could be made and conflicting ideas could actually be aired. The old BZ2Maps where mentioning 1.3 got some real discussion rather than a load of rhetoric BS and random locking and banning.

Now, this poll is an OBVIOUS attempt to force ppl to take your EXACT point of view by offering them a loaded question with only bipolar results. BZ2Maps was never a place for quasi Anti 1.3 brigade.

---

I vote neither of the above (unsure according to your list), I vote you put it back the way it was before you turned into the psychopathic nanny admin.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

So... why are people even stupid enough to go to his site if he acts like such an idiot then?

EDIT:  I still say the 1.2 players are lucky that someone with near my programming capabilities, but not near as nice has not whipped up a quick Erlang program (or some other program of a distributed nature), distribute it across a dozen IP's (and anyone else who chose to join in), and just started killing 1.2 games; it is *very* easy to craft a packet to do that and the distributed nature of it can cause it to be controlled, hard to guess, very difficult to stop, and heck, they could even buy a few seconds on one of those large distributed clusters to do that as well, but even that would be overkill.

Really, look at it though, with the attitude of 1.2 people like him, imagine if many 1.3 people acted in the same way, and imagine if they had any programming skills at all, would 1.2 even have a chance of surviving on gamespy?  They would have to migrate to something else, something custom made, which would turn off a lot of people to begin with.

And I just checked the game list, there are only 4 games up (a ton of advertising servers, there really should be some way to prevent those), and each of those games only have the host in, no one else.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Raven

That thread is rather amusing I must say...