• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Having trouble installing Patch

Started by Mr X, October 11, 2008, 02:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

I've installed pb4 before but for some reason I can't do it again now that I've reinstalled bz2

I keep getting the message at the end saying that it hasn't installed properly

I have no clue what the problem is
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

TheJamsh

you need to ensure that the BZ2 version youre installing onto is 1.2 you can get THAT patch here:

www.bzscrap.com/downloads/patches/BattlezoneIIUpdateUS.exe

install that patch before you install pb4a, and id recommend onto a completely fresh install

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Eh, Jamsh, 1.3pb4a can be installed over any earlier version, no double patching needed.

When you are patching the thing, make sure you have no open windows of the BZ2 directory, I did that once and it failed on me.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Mr X

I'll try the double patching thing, but its worked on its own for me before so I don't know what the problem is now

anyway, yeah, I'll try it

Edit: Your link doesn't work
starting January 2010!

TheJamsh

you need battlezone version 1.2 to install any of the public betas...

General BlackDragon

No you dont!

Make sure that your installation path is correct in the pathway. Make sure you don't have the folder open in an explorer window. And, make sure none of the files in addon folder are in use at the time.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

you dont? my install told me that 'battlezone version 1.2 was not found' when i tried to install off CD

maybe i got an earlier CD than you guys or something?

OvermindDL1

The 1.3 patch should not require 1.2, actually, as I recall, GSH suggests that you do *not* have BZ2 patches to any version other then what comes off the cd (usually 1.1 in most cases), and just patch that directly; 1.2 has extra crap that the installer has to remove to fix the right way.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

GSH

1.3 is designed to be installed over any previous install; I test installing over the 1.0 install on my HD far more than I ever test installing over the 1.2 install on my HD. So, take it on the authority of the person who did a large amount of work on both 1.2 and 1.3 that installing 1.3 does not, will not, and never will require a 1.2 install. Do I make myself clear enough for everyone?

(Add this to the occasional lies the 1.2 folks spread, such as 1.2 is "official" -- it's not, and 1.2 is just as beta as 1.3 will ever be.)

-- GSH

Mr X

Thanks for all the advice, although I'm sure I did all that stuff correct....

Sadly It may be weeks before I can try again though as my laptop's power cable has broken...
starting January 2010!

TheJamsh

okay i was wrong lol! dont draw out the firing squad...

bigbadbogie

READY - AIM - Oh.

Didn't see that Jamsh.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Lol...   

:evil:

The BZ version of a firing squad is to say "never mind", and let him go innocently about his business...

...for you never know when your sniper dot is in someone else's scope...

-Av-

General BlackDragon

I wonder if he fixed it yet. I still say it sounds like an installer path problem, the installer looks for certian files in the BZ2 root folder before installing, if the folder you choose isn't your currently installed BZ2 folder it'll complain because it doesn't find those things.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

Yeah, if my memory is correct, the installer searches for data.pak and one more file.  I can't remember what that other file is though.  I think it might be bzone.exe.