• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Field Constructor?

Started by General BlackDragon, October 28, 2008, 05:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Why can't a commander assign a standard constructor to a so called thug, or is that the only unit that a commander can't actually assign to one of his thugs? Could the the constructor ODF be modified to activate the team transferable option?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

VSMIT

The problem isn't that the cons can't be transferred.  The problem is that the thugs can't build with it.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Thus an ODF flag (or maybe default setting for that class that can be overridden by that flag) prevents the trade. It would be useless if traded.

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Zero Angel on October 29, 2008, 11:18:52 AM

2. one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

Awesome, did not know that.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

VSMIT

Could also be construed as a derivative of "Thugi," worshipers of Kali, Hindu goddess.  Which takes a whole knew meaning into "BZ Thugs."

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

mrtwosheds

Quote* Nielk1 makes note to somehow set up separate bio-metal for thugs and add way to share it.
Speaking as a frequently highly stressed commander of fools and ship wasters...
There is no way I would want thugs spending scrap for me, I can just imagine having 58 scrap, enemy's with chains chasing me back to base, to build my armoury in order to survive, only to have some F@*kwit spend it on another GT!
I'd be foaming at the mouth...

Steeveeo

Perhaps have a way to stop the resyncy scrap bar when something with a scraphold is transferred, that way you could have "Scrap Transports" that can ship biometal to allies in a way to carry out N1's plan.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

They would have separate holds in my plan. I have to look into it.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Or a new escape menu that allows you to transfer a certain amount of scrap to your thugs.

Something for pb5 perhaps.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Sadly DLLs the utilize CFG input in MP are impossible w/o adding in a custom data pipeline.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Something they will find difficult I gather...

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

hybirdisdf

Cerberi and Hadean doesn't have a tug.Somebody willing to make a tug?

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Steeveeo

Quote from: hybirdisdf on November 01, 2008, 10:24:31 PM
Cerberi and Hadean doesn't have a tug.Somebody willing to make a tug?
If you're going to derail a topic, do it like us pros, FADE into it by slowly changing the track with one semi-relevant post after another :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

VSMIT

But making a hard right at 80 MPH is fun...

(did I derail correctly?)

VSMIT.