• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Are there still people in multiplayer?

Started by tFighterPilot, November 07, 2008, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tFighterPilot

I see one server of 1.3, but I can't join it. It gives me connection time out.

Zero Angel

Do you have the latest public beta? (Pb4a) If the game is of a different version, you won't be able to join it. Also sometimes if the host has BZ2 minimized then you wont be able to join. And also you won't be able to join when some people host, because of their firewall.

Just curious, was the host's name "Ace_of_Swords" ? If so, that was me, and I was tabbed out.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

General BlackDragon

I agree, you can make a 2nd install and have both. It's easy to do, just hit Reinstall on the cd autorun or find + run setup.exe off the cd. When the thing shows the path, hit browse and select a different path. You can also change the name it asks for registry, so u can uninstall either one via control panel.

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

I live in the UK and i tend to go on around 9pm-3am as that is when all you Americans seem to come online... :P

although, i NEVER see BBB playing MP!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Also, I don't have a 'join' button, only 'join IP' and 'chat'. Join IP provides a timeout.

TheJamsh

join only appears if you select a game in white...

AHadley

So what does a game in white mean? All the ones I ever see are pink.

Angstromicus

Hmmm.... let me think back, way back...

Games which are shown in white text are using the same version as you. Games in pink text are using a different version of the game (i.e., 1.2, 1.1, etc.)

bigbadbogie

Aussie, UK and American timezones are SO DAMN CONFUSING!!!

I don't get to play that much MP due to serious modding.

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 08, 2008, 09:38:07 AM
although, i NEVER see BBB playing MP!

And just for that, I think I will go and play right now.  :-P

Quote from: AHadley on November 08, 2008, 08:04:25 AM
in 1.3 they're all either 1.2 advert servers (sad, sad, sad)

What I want to know is how Ego got one of those to say GS version 1.3pb5.  :-o
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Must have missed that one.

I never see any PB4a games, but I guess Jamsh and GBD are the only two people I ever know when they're online... I should get a good game going some time.

Warfreak

the localize.odf has a line in it to cahnge what "version" the game uses.

GamespyVersionStr = "1.3pb4a"

Mods SHOULD use that to their advantage, like, for instance "QFpb4" or something.

Zero Angel

Well they COULD, but they wouldnt show up in gamespy at all, if the user doesnt have -poweruser enabled. The public betas have poweruser turned on because they are testing versions.

A GamespyVersionModStr would be nice, that way it could append the current mod to the current gamespy version -- and thus if QFMod was played on version 1.3pb5, it wouldnt say QFpb4, it would say something like 1.3pb5+QFMod
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

GSH

If the gamespy string doesn't match exactly, the session will be shown in red. And, before 1.3pb4, you had to /poweruser to see the server's gamespy version. I think it's better for people to be able to join (to the shell), ask what mods are in use than be denied upfront. 1.3 also checks which .pak/directories are in use, will prompt before allowing a join.

-- GSH

Zero Angel

Yeah, the way it is currently isnt too much of a hassle.
{bac}Zero Angel

TheJamsh

it gets people talking to one another too. something the BZ2 community needs for sure. id love to know how many people are still involved with BZII... i bet it doesnt total more that 1000 :(

maybe a huge advertising campaign is whats needed :) restore the community to its glory. wouldnt that be lovely.