• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Are there still people in multiplayer?

Started by tFighterPilot, November 07, 2008, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tFighterPilot

Does the multiplayer still working? I haven't played the game in years and don't know if I should reinstall it or not.

bigbadbogie

Yes there are.

Various people are playing MP games with a whole range of patches. Start with the 1.2 patch because there are usually more multiplayer games with it.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Angstromicus

1.3 PB4A might be worth a shot, but a lot of people who have tried that patch report frequent dropped connections.

Zero Angel

There is a lot of activity on versions 1.2 and 1.3 of battlezone 2 (not a LOT, but its not quite dead either most of the time). I would suggest that if you're gonna play that you make 2 different installs of BZ2. Patch one of the installs to version 1.2, and patch the other one to the latest 1.3 beta.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

Click on the image...

tFighterPilot

If I'm going to install it only once, which version has more people?

Zero Angel

1.2, because of the G66 and FE games, but just barely. If you like BZ2, then you might consider making an install for 1.3 later on, because 1.3 has new features that a lot of people tend to like, but it's still in development.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

tFighterPilot

Oh man, I already installed 1.3, and saw that there's nobody there :(

bigbadbogie

That could be because it is like 5 o'clock in the morning in the US and that is where nearly all the servers are.

Play in about 12 hours and there should be a few servers up of both patches.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

tFighterPilot

Are there only Americans playing it? I live in Israel, so I have quite a lag playing in American servers.

Zero Angel

Mostly americans but theres quite a few aussies who play it, and even some people from the UK (and one guy from israel). I'd say that if you could divide a day into 4 slices of 6 hours each, two of those 6 hour periods would be active and the other 2 would be dead. Its just a matter of getting on at either right time of the day.

Your best bet would be to start an MPI game where you fight against the computer team, and leave it open -- sometimes someone will be bored and looking for a game and just wander in -- even when theres otherwise no other games up.
{bac}Zero Angel

bigbadbogie

I have never seen any Middle Eastern servers. Your best bet would probably be British or European servers as they are the closest to you.

My BZ2 mods:

tFighterPilot

Ya, European servers would be great, too bad there aren't any.

AHadley

Whenever I turn up, I never see any servers that actually work for me... in 1.3 they're all either 1.2 advert servers (sad, sad, sad) or have joining disabled. In 1.2 the search takes too long to be tolerable. Must be my connection.

Zero Angel

Theres a bug in 1.2 where it will take forever to search and then not actually show any servers, but this happens less than 50% of the time.
{bac}Zero Angel