• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Unofficial G66 2.0 Patch

Started by Commando, January 08, 2009, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

If natty is around, he may want to make sure that ivars for g66 don't conflict with those of stock.  In stock, ivar30 handles weapon linking, in g66 it handles difficulty.

Axeminister

We played the Egypt map, which is about our favorite map, and it went well. Everything happened like it was supposed to. We've noticed that you can hear the wind from steeveeo's rec variant while playing G66. We even chose Steeveeo's ships to start with, which I have no idea what that does for someone even in his  variant. But we heard the wind motion even when we didn't choose a Steeveeo ship. All in all I'm frekin stoked that you were able to do this. I really appreciate it. Again, you rock dude.
All you modding, no bz2 playing, Combat Commander want-a-be's need to join us in some G66 action sometime. 1.3pb4a is supposed to accept more players at a time than 1.3pb3, so let's push it to the limit and get some insane action mpi's going.

Get all seven G66 files here, and do it in order as on the page.
http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battlezone_2_1.3pb3_Install_Guide
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

I tend to avoid pb4a because of the lagout bug.  It's kind of discouraging playing for 30 minutes, being booted, having your score completely reset then having to rejoin starting over.  I know your score isn't even important, for some reason that in itself annoys me.  If my score wasn't reset, I would probably not mind being lagged out as much.  I'm not saying I wouldn't mind it at all since having to wait to reenter the map is a pain too.

GreenHeart and I did play a game of G66 earlier today in the private beta and it seemed to work fine.  GH ended up picking Canyon which isn't one of my favorite maps for some reason.

Warfreak

I've had 4 people in a 3 hr game durring SRV beta testing many times...

Standing completely still durring other people joining seems to ensure a good resync.

technoid

Quote from: Warfreak on January 08, 2009, 08:21:17 PM
I've had 4 people in a 3 hr game durring SRV beta testing many times...

Standing completely still durring other people joining seems to ensure a good resync.

Yep, that's similar to why people stand still while they're getting beamed up (or down) from the USS Enterprise.   :wink:

Commando

Out of curiosity, why were the .xsis used in G66 never released?  I'm just curious.  The only one available is the Puma and that is because it was in the FleshStorm DevPack.

Nielk1

The FS Black Dog Puma is a brand new unit and not the one in G66.

Click on the image...

Commando

The XSI is the same other than the skin used on the XSI.  I took the Fleshstorm puma and edited the xsi in wordpad replacing the skin called by the xsi.

TheJamsh

i preffered the G66 version myself...

someone needs to fix the damn flame mesh on it though because its never worked properly, its either square or has sections cut out

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

I have it fixed in a private build.

Nielk1

I love the Puma.

FS's Puma, like FS's RedDevil, is completely custom.
(Note, first puma from Starfleet)

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

if you ask me, just needs a little more shape, like the ISDF sabre has the underside 'skirt'. looks like it has far more polies than it realy does.

not sure which version i prefer now...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

You're right, I never realized they were different.  Hopefully Natty responds to my e-mail about possibly releasing the dll course so some settings can be moved to higher ivar#s to avoid conflict with the stock dll which it also uses.

Warfreak

Ah yes, the Puma... ISDF's attempt to turn back and bring about the NSDF "Bobcat" light tank.

I personally like Lizard's FleshStorm variant. The symmetry of the shape really makes it seem better built.

Commando

I believe both were built by Lizard.

From the G66 readme file :).

"Lizard" for the "Puma" and "Dragoon" light tanks specifically designed
    for this project (just what the doctor ordered);