• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Unofficial G66 2.0 Patch

Started by Commando, January 08, 2009, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

http://www.bzuniverse.com/~betadudes/unprotected/Unofficial%20G66%20Patch%20b2.7z

This patch should allow G66 to work on Pb4 and Pb4a.  This patch fixes the following issues.

1.  Allows the ai recyclers to deploy by adding one line to the ai recyclers, preventing them from executing the second terrain check.

2.  Fixed Fury and Laser Pod variants so they will follow their patrol paths.  Had to set CanAIPIdle to false so the AIPs wouldn't kill their patroll routines when an AIP changed.

As far as I know, these were the major issues affecting G66 in pb4 and pb4a.

Dataanti

wat about the cmd line open at the start of the mission?

Commando

I'm not getting the console error when I try g66.  I'll try plaining against scion.  If I get it, I'll upload a beta 3.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Dataanti on January 08, 2009, 09:29:31 AM
wat about the cmd line open at the start of the mission?

If you get any console errors after installing this unofficial patch for 2.0 then post so they can be found & addressed.  If you don't post the information we need it might not get fixed,
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Axeminister

Man you guys ROCK! Thanks a lot. I'll test this out tonight. Muahahahaha.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

I know what console error he is talking about.  Some fvrckt00.msh not existing or a similarly named msh.  I'm not getting it in the latest version of 1.3 nor is it generating a msh that I can copy into the 7z file.  I'm in the process of installing pb3 to see if I can use it to generate the msh so I can shut that console error up for you guys too.

TheJamsh

hope fully get into some G66 games with you Axeminister. im a big fan but prefer to be up-to-date with the public betas

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Axeminister

Axeminister

Ok I played X-bones and the first thing I did was turn on my force field and ran over to see if they had deployed their matriarch, they did. So I played on and noticed furies patroling, good.  But after 30 minutes I had noticed they weren't attacking much at all. So I ran back to their base and they had not built the forge. Oh and as soon as you enter the map you get this:

I'll test some more later.

Commando

I'll find those two weapons.  Are they in stock g66?

Commando

Looks like I'll have to install Square Eye's map since I don't see those weapons in my install.

Commando

Does the msh console error occur in pb4 or pb4a?  If not, I won't fix that issue since I don't run into it and it will give people a reason to upgrade from pb3.

I got the error in pb3 so I know it occurs in that public beta and I have the msh copied over.

Axeminister

no the console is not open when you start, on X-bones anyway. And those weapons must be the special ones that appear with Square Eyes maps. Scorch, Atomic Zap, Thorn Launcher, Electron Tag. If I remember correctly that's the names of them. Electron tag appears to be one of those in that screenshot.

Commando

Yeah, those are Square Eye's weapons.  I found them and have them fixed.  At least I have the console error fixed not sure if I broke their behaviors or not.

Basically what I have fixed locally.

1.  Created dxt files for g66.
2.  Fixed Puma engine flame bug
3.  Fixed Square Eye weapon console errors
4.  Took patch13.pak's fvrckt00.msh and included it in g66 to prevent bz2 from creating a new one
I

Warfreak

Gonna move my G66 from PB3 to PB4a, add the patch, and test along side SRV.

Should be fun >:D