• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

I think I'm missing something...

Started by Arbystrider, February 05, 2009, 04:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arbystrider

Er, guys, today I was reading some posts and I saw RD say BZ2 has a manual. A MANUAL?! How come I didn't get it?! I only have the CD Case and the CD. And of course the CD Case printing was real, or did BZ2 come in a box? Because I was only 3 when my mother bought this, and I couldn't remember because I found it in the drawer after 8 years. So, um, Is my copy of BZ2 real or is it fake because I don't have the manual?

Please tell me, I feel missed out due to something that's not big!

EDIT: Hey! First counted post on BZU.  :-D
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

bigbadbogie

I never got one either.

I have bought multiple copies of the game and none of them came with a manual.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Arbystrider

Really? Thanks. Made me feel better-- WAIT!!! Is this thread in the PB4a board?! Somebody MOVE THIS!!!

Sorry, careless mistake!

TheJamsh

yeh i have one. it isnt that exciting. gives you the stories, some (wrong) info on units and things.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Axeminister

Mine was damaged in an apartment fire. I no longer have it or many others. But it did come with a manuel and in a box. I usually keep all boxes, mine was damaged in the fire also. Don't forget about the installed manuel under the start menu. It has been updated some since 1.3 has been out.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

If you bought the boxed version of bz2, you got a manual.  If you bought it and it only came in a plastic jewel case, you didn't get a manual.

Pretty much those that bought bz2 when it first came out got a manual.  I have 2 or 3.

Nielk1

I will scan my manual sometime and put it on BZComplex.

Click on the image...

anomaly

You know the manual is installed with the game right? You dont need to scan anything.

Feared_1

Nielk1

Quote from: anomaly on February 05, 2009, 07:35:30 PM
You know the manual is installed with the game right? You dont need to scan anything.

Unless it is a perfect PDF, you are missing a LOAD of information. Like character sheets...

Click on the image...

anomaly

There are character sheets? Didn't know that.  Then, yeah, some stuff must be missing from the manual in the bz2 directory.

Arbystrider

Quote from: Commando on February 05, 2009, 07:59:32 AM
If you bought the boxed version of bz2, you got a manual.  If you bought it and it only came in a plastic jewel case, you didn't get a manual.

Pretty much those that bought bz2 when it first came out got a manual.  I have 2 or 3.

May I remind you it was my mother who bought this?

Anyway, is it still possible to buy that BOXED version of BZ2? (In Singapore please, can't afford to go overseas.)

Oh, and, um, does the manual have all the console commands and vehicle information?

Axeminister

No, would be the short answer. I've never seen a copy in "Half price books" or any other place. Your best bet would be Ebay. Or just wait for neilk1 to put the manuel on his website. I'm excited about that too.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

cheesepuffly

I think mine came with my dads old computer, so i dont think i got one.

Im not a manual reader anyway.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Angstromicus

It just so happens I have an extra manual and key sheet :D. I could possibly mail it to you via USPS if I had your address.

Edit: Oh, and, yes this thread should definitely be in the BZ2 thread :).

Also, unit information, weapon information, strategy tips, installation instructions, etc. are included. But, I couldn't find any console commands in the manual. My advice on that: press tab in the console to cycle through commands, or type "ls" to list all commands.