• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Who is God?

Started by hybirdisdf, March 14, 2009, 12:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spawn

Then why didn't you make that distinction earlier?

Red Devil

Belief in/knowing God lives does not imply following a religion.  I wasn't even thinking of religion when I posted that.

You don't need religion to believe in God, but that's what they want you to believe - that in order to believe in God, you *have* to belong to their congregation, which is pure baloney/coercion.
What box???

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Red Devil on March 25, 2009, 01:10:06 PM
Belief in/knowing God lives does not imply following a religion.

Is that supposed to be confusing or something...?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Feared_1

No, I think he was clarifying something.

BBB you must have a sad life, crappy family and no friends if you are willing to bet your life on something you consider to be so stupid.

bigbadbogie

I am willing to bet my life on the fact that god does not exist!

Don't try and aggravate me, I have been having a hard enough time holding back my almost infinite hatred of the ancient warmongering lie known as religion in this thread.

Don't bother replying as I will not read this anymore.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Spawn

Denying the other side the ability to speak is a far greater crime then whatever is being said.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

Red Devil

BBB, what I am saying is that you don't have to be a member of an organized (or even disorganized) religion in order to believe in God.  "Religion" has done far more harm than good throughout history.

In fact, by your comments and others I have seen through the years, I'll say that religion has pushed far more people away from God than led them to God.

Well said, Spawnster.
What box???

TheJamsh

I think one of the huge problems people have when it comes to having faith in something is that they think they have to spend their whole life devoting their lives to prayers and going to church regularly. What i said on page 1 or 2, was actually incorrect. I cannot call myself christian because i dont know enough about christianity to say 'yes i believe in this completely, that happened'.

I don't go to church every week, and ive never been of my own accord, and i very rarely prayer at all. Thats because i feel quite out of touch with my morals and the person i used to be. Mainly due to some of the worst life experiences ive ever had to deal with and a couple of certain people in my life that seemto cause me nothing but pain.

What i like to think, is that when you die, you move on to the next place, wether it be heaven, hell or an extra life point. I heard on the radio one morning that the idea of 'if youre bad you go to hell if youre good you go to heaven' is not how it works at all. In fact, the priest said that if you truly want Gods forgiveness you will recieve it, but you musn't want it because it gets you out of eternity in hell, you will get it if you generally truly want it.

Frankly, i pride myself on my morals but i know my flaws and imperfections, and i know what flaws and imperfections i can and can't control. Its the ones i can and should control that i dislike about myself. So long as God understands me and who i am (which i believe he does) and that i know my flaws and imperfections are just that, then im strutting through the big purly gates. When i get to that stage, i think God will give me a pat on the back and chuckle about it with me. I don't believe in the 'old man with a white beard stuff'.

Quite frankly, im absolutely scared hootless about death. Sit on the edge of youre bed and think to yourself, im going to have to face a moment one day where my eyes will close and never open. Im going to have to face that alone. Everyone is. Its a terrible thing to live in fear, and i don't understand how anyone can not be scared of something like that. I think everyone wants to or does believe in something after death, they just cant or wont. Believing in this gives me something to look forward to (not that i look forward to dying or anything i aint crazy).

And you know what else? I am solely stuck solid on the fact that this universe did not 'just happen'. My turn to quote someone, but i have no idea who said it.

'You walk down the street and find a watch on the floor. You pick it up and examine it, and you know that this did not just happen, it was created, designed and it has a purpose. The universe is more complicated than any watch, so it MUST have been designed and created'

Making a BZ2 mod is a waste of time. A HUGE one. Hence why you will probably never see mine because theres one phrase that keeps sticking in my mind at the moment 'what is the *Ammo*ing point of creating an ordered array of files that at the end of the day, are only a bunch of 0's and 1's?' That and the fact that theres currently 50 people who might even be arsed to play it.

Ive probably contradicted myself a few times here but its late, im tired and i don't see why i should have to write anymore to justify my beliefs. F you if you dont like it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Everything I make is experience or portfolio usable. Note I don't make many ODFs or effects. I made models, textures, and code (c++).

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Red Devil on March 25, 2009, 03:24:58 PM
BBB, what I am saying is that you don't have to be a member of an organized (or even disorganized) religion in order to believe in God.  "Religion" has done far more harm than good throughout history.

In fact, by your comments and others I have seen through the years, I'll say that religion has pushed far more people away from God than led them to God.

Well said, Spawnster.

Thats the point, most religions are not religions they are money scams. People try to get you to go to their church instead of another one, but its the same God.

Infact, my old church has its own set of politics, and that makes no sense.

You dont need a religion, as long as you know the truth, thats all.  But there is general religion and specific religion. Theres Christianity and branches of it. If you believe in God, and believe Jesus died for your sins, your a Christian  if you believe in something a bit more than that, your something else.

Besides, i also see it as "Why take a chance?" There is either a god (now i think its my God but yeah) or there is not. No middle no nothing. You lose nothing in by believeing if your wrong, then meh, if your right then YEAH! Besides, every other form of the universe beginning is all "Chance" and "Unknown" with me its God.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

hybirdisdf

How many of you become god? There are many even thousand of them are gods. Im god of dog (Canis Major)

Feared_1

Quote from: hybirdisdf on March 25, 2009, 07:36:52 PM
How many of you become god? There are many even thousand of them are gods. Im god of dog (Canis Major)

Try again.

Spawn

Maybe everything fits together so well because the pieces are so small :P
Or if anything was different it all would have fallen together differently.
Death unites us, you don't die alone but just follow the same path everyone else did before you.
The path may lead off a cliff to nothing, but just keep walking...

Nielk1

I'm a non practicing... something... Christian something... I think...

By now, without the rhetoric of church and everything else, my view has evolved into a pretty complex amalgamation.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

sounds complex. i dont even know what that word means :P, but i think i know what you mean, and im on the same sort of borderline...

i make BZ2 mods for personal satisfaction and its taught me quite a lot about the internal workings of games. i would LOVE to finish my mod to the level i picture it, but i don't think it will happen. it would, if there were say twice as many people on the boards as there are now. i guess time will tell.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.