• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Who is God?

Started by hybirdisdf, March 14, 2009, 12:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesepuffly

If the world wasnt made for us, could we survive?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Warfreak

In the sense that ALL things that came before the human being were spewed for the sake of making our existance possible, no...

HOWEVER, note that ALL life before us contributed their own things (Cyanobactera provided O2, Decomposers provided N2 and Plants a way to obtain that Nitrogen, etc.) and in turn benefitted the springing of OTHER beings besides us. In THIS sense, we would still be a possibility as Humans have the same needs as all other creatures of Earth.

SO, (restating briefly) If all was made to prepare the Earth for us, No.
If we were made because of convenience (I.E. an older creation allowed for a new one to be made with ease, you know, like the cell phone from the microchip which was made originally for portable computers) Then YES, we would be able to be and survive.

*(BTW, thank you for giving a question which allowed me to further explain my thinking. Also, I am in no way saying anyone is wrong, just stating my view even though my earlier post OBVIOUSLY looks otherwise.)

Clavin12

But do you think they would have provided those things by accident for us? Do you think that cyanobacteria and decomposers would exist if humans didn't need them?
C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

WE don't "need" them. They existed long before us.

IF there is a god, I think he isnt nearly as hands on as you guys think. The big bang theory, the cycle of the universe, all that, could have been started by god. To god, we could be in a pietry(spelling?) dish and he could just be watching to see what happens.

You don't know.

Question for you devout "believers". What will you say when life forms from another planet come and visit us? What will you think when those alien life forms have never heard of jesus or god or any of this sillyness? (Trust me, they'll look at you like your crazy when you tell them about the bible) 

Humans are so primative and simple: Monkey see, monkey do. Thats it. Thats all we are. Think about it. Why do we kiss eachother? Because we see other people doing it. Why do we believe in god? Because other people tell us to when we're little. Why do we wear pants? Because everyone else does.

PS: Speaking of pants...why do stupid people in high school wear their pants so low that they couldn't run from a rabid 3 legged hamster if they're life depended on it? Because they see others doing it. Monkey See, Monkey Do.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Warfreak

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 08, 2009, 08:00:20 PM
they'll look at you like your crazy when you tell them about the bible

Or kill you because they have assumed their role in the Universe as we have (that being the "chosen" of God) and wish to have no "taint" in "their" world. (Think the Crusades and the conquest of the New World.)

To God, we could be in a petri dish and he could just be watching to see what happens.

I still go with my whole "Creating for the sake of Accomplishment" Belief. Why NOT be proud of such a working outcome. The universe is probably just his Award Case. (Yes, I'm saying that all of Creation was an on purpose ACCOMPLISHMENT)

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 08, 2009, 07:56:09 PM
But do you think they would have provided those things by accident for us?

As I stated, I think that we (like all other life) were made because the conditions made it possible. Even IF it were by accident, I don't see why a great creator would miss the chance of using new tools to advantage.

Feared_1

Quote from: General BlackDragon on May 08, 2009, 08:00:20 PMHumans are so primative and simple: Monkey see, monkey do. Thats it. Thats all we are. Think about it. Why do we kiss eachother? Because we see other people doing it. Why do we believe in god? Because other people tell us to when we're little. Why do we wear pants? Because everyone else does.

So how do you explain music? Humans are also the only species to be able to recognize music. Other animals hear sound. That's not monkey see, monkey do. That's a pre-existing ability to recognize the difference between sound and intentional music.

You can teach a monkey to play a song on the piano. The monkey knows that when you press a white key the piano makes a sound. You teach it to hit *that one*, and then *that one*, and then *that one*, so it plays a song. THAT'S monkey see, monkey do. Animals cannot compose music.

bigbadbogie

Music is a new instinct that humans have created for ourselves.

We just love patterns don't we...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Warfreak

We see the beauty of result.  If we are "in the image of The Creator" then this must mean God sees the beauty of result aswell. (If so exists)

If we were "Monkey See, Monkey Do", then the Nuclear Holocaust and all other hellish occurances would have occurred already. We actually have something called "Self - Control". 
IOW: we aren't governed by instinct but by choice, a gift AND curse.

Quote from: bigbadbogie on May 08, 2009, 08:51:00 PM

Apparently, cause this topic seems to keep going the same way. (that is, Comment and Debunk Comment and back around)  :lol:

TheJamsh

art (if you understand it, maths (same again), language, literature, space travel, science, all sorts.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

cheesepuffly

Then again, i always see belief in God (as my very last reason) but always, why chance it XD.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Clavin12

Humans are so primative and simple: Monkey see, monkey do. Thats it. Thats all we are. Think about it. Why do we kiss eachother? Because we see other people doing it. Why do we believe in god? Because other people tell us to when we're little. Why do we wear pants? Because everyone else does.

What about the very first kiss? Humans wear clothes because they are sinful. If Adam hadn't fallen in the Garden we would not have to wear clothes.

Quote from: Warfreak on May 08, 2009, 08:09:43 PM
As I stated, I think that we (like all other life) were made because the conditions made it possible. Even IF it were by accident, I don't see why a great creator would miss the chance of using new tools to advantage.

Where did those conditions come from? Do you think there was just a whole bunch of stuff just appearing out of nowhere?

QuoteMusic is a new instinct that humans have created for ourselves.

And how the heck is music an instinct? Why do some people go towards one kind of music and others another? Do you really think we developed a liking for it just because? The origin of music is worship of God by the Israelites.
C l a v i n 1 2

Red Spot

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 09, 2009, 08:47:50 AM
What about the very first kiss? Humans wear clothes because they are sinful. If Adam hadn't fallen in the Garden we would not have to wear clothes.

Where did those conditions come from? Do you think there was just a whole bunch of stuff just appearing out of nowhere?

And how the heck is music an instinct? Why do some people go towards one kind of music and others another? Do you really think we developed a liking for it just because? The origin of music is worship of God by the Israelites.

Than I'm glad Adam did behave all human .... lol
Also if men is sinfull than according to how your are talking about it I cant help feel your god has failed drasticly.

I guess you're one of those that thinks that religion as we know it today are the first religions mankind has had.
Your god has been preseded by many others .... perhaps they invented music, maybe they even created your god ... ;)

Preaching the bible is easy, knowing (your own) religion a bit harder .. think about that before you make your next statement.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Warfreak

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 09, 2009, 08:47:50 AM
Where did those conditions come from?

The conditions of life were the by-product of Lifeforms which came to be by the by-products of the creation of the world which in turn was a by-product of the creation of a solar system which is of a galaxy which are of the universe which is apparently the first creation.

I Believe that God had made one thing and out of the leftovers created more things until he made his latest lifeform (apparently us from what we can see) and we in turn use the "by-products" of creation to make our own things. Basically, one thing led to another and the cycle continues.

(Just a note to those which quote Genesis, it is written in the metaphorical sense.) (Also, read ALL previous posts before stating your argument/view, may have already been covered)

Nielk1

I hate trash king of the hill arguments.

Topic Starter: Random Point! (lets call it A)
Other: but B.
Topic Starter: No because A, you are wrong.
Other: but C.
Other: but D.
Other: but E.
Other: but F.
Other: but G.
Other: but H.
Other: but I.
Other: but J.
Other: but there is evidence to support the theory of evolution.
Topic Starter: No there is not, because god put us here, you are wrong.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

Quote from: Nielk1 on May 09, 2009, 12:32:11 PM
I hate trash king of the hill arguments.

Quote from: Warfreak on May 09, 2009, 10:36:44 AM
one thing led to another and the cycle continues.