• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

k so i've got the ships shape now what?

Started by Clavin12, April 22, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

how do i get it to act like a ship using truespace?
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Are you saying that you have the model and want to put it into the game?

For that you will need to learn about using ODF files.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

AHadley

Maybe take a look at the 'Getting model into game' sticky.

TheJamsh

screeny?

and you really should spend some time looking at what files do what you know...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Clavin12

thanx alot. you see i'm doin this fer the first time.
C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

i tried exporting it to threed as an .x file and it din't work
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

1) ThreeD is BAD

2) ThreeD only does XSI files anyway.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Anything that isn't ThreeD, somebody who can actually model is probably a beter source of information than me.

bigbadbogie

BNG is the only one who can help you with Truespace.

My BZ2 mods:

BNG Da BZ Fool

Slaor, also knows how to use Truespace I think. Anyways, the simplest way to use Threed with TS is to like place a simple cube in the TS workspace, paint a simple texture on it and save it as X. Open it in Threed, and it save as XSI. Modify an existing ODF with your model in the geometryName entry and save as yourmodelname.odf Then start MM5 check edit box>noscript and then select a map and hit Launch. Use ctrl e to launch the BZII map editor. In the configuration box type yourmodelsnmame and hit enter. If you get an AV message and BZII crashes at least you know BZII attempted to load the model, but something is wrong with it and/or the parts/objects that make it up.

Take a look at the Data Pak XSI models in 3DEX 1.5 get it at dutchboy.com. You can also load them directly into TS by using 3DEX to batch covert them from XSI to X, COB, or 3DS all of which TS can import directly into the workspace and edit. This works great as all the parts are loaded and can be modified into new models and such. ***Most of these guys here are idiots when it comes to understanding Truespace, and how it works, so me and Slaor are just about the only ones to ask questions about as far as TS in concerned.***

Anyways, once you batch convert the XSI files you'll be able to load them into TS to see all the parts/objects that make up a typical BZII model. In TS click on the scene editor icon to open the tree structure of the models to see a list of all the parts that make up the model.

You'll notice some parts are under other parts this is called the hierarchy; a fancy word for how the model is grouped together to form one combined model. It'll take a while to get the parts in the right order, but once you get the hang of it putting stuff where it belongs will become second nature.

In TS if you want something to go under something else just click and drag parts in the scene editor to where you want it to go under and drop the object at that point. If you accidentally drop the object in the wrong place then right click the object and select unglue from the menu.

BZII, is picky about how objects are placed together, and usually AV's (generates an error) in the map editor to let you know it didn't like the model for some reason. Study the XSI model and how they're put toghter so that your models conform to what BZII needs to see. Like I said in my PM message to you really should spend some time getting used the icons that TS uses. 90% of everything you can do in TS is as simple as right clicking an object to auto enter the edit mode to modify objects in the workspace. Also, most icons can be right clicked to adjust settings to tweak the model tool settings. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Clavin12

my orgininal question was actually about weapons and movement and such
C l a v i n 1 2