• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Unresponsive Keys Fix (TESTED ONLY FOR 1.3ta5)

Started by lastmsg, April 29, 2009, 03:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastmsg

I have found a fix for the unresponsive Keys, Some people, like me are not able to use the CMD line or rotate buildings because they have software that uses this key " ~ " or " ` ", and does not share the keys with Battlezone II. So instead of trying to stop the software, there is another way. To use the CMD line, just extract this file to your Battlezone II 1.3ta5 directory. This works by replacing the " ~ " or " ` " key with the "F11" key, instead of pressing "CTRL ~" you would press "CTRL F11"

NOTE: this replaces the "LocalPrefs" file located in "Battlezone II 1.3ta5\addon\config". If you have anything modified in this file, you must redo it in the new "LocalPrefs" file.

This only allows you to use the CMD line, it does not allow you to rotate buildings or split groups. To fix that problem, all you have to do is change something in the options, watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUIDkGBa3EU&fmt=22

NOTE: this This fix may not work, depending on your software, if it doesn't, just email me at Dataanti@yahoo.ca and I will switch up the fix a bit.

I will be making the fix for versions for 1.3pb4a, 1.3pb3 and 1.2 and releasing them next Sunday.

FIX: GamePrefs is now LocalPrefs

ADDITION: 1.4pb4a version is pretty much the same, DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mtmodmvyjye

AHadley

Karma+ for trying, even though I didn't have the problem.

VSMIT

And we're messing with GamePrefs because...

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

NO! this is NOT helpful.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EDIT GAMEPREFS!!!!!

Put this line into your LOCAL PREFS FILE:
ToggleConsoleKey = 0x57

Click on the image...

AHadley

lastmsg

AHadley

Editing gameprefs causes bad assets. Localprefs doesn't.

I didn't actually notice you said gameprefs first time...

lastmsg

Nielk1

Personally I don't mind if Dat edits his gameprefs, just don't have others do it too. :roll:

Click on the image...

AHadley

lastmsg

It's fixed, i was always told if you gonna make button changes, you can change them in the gameprefs. I never noticed the assets thing tho :/

VSMIT

If key-links caused bad assets, there's a strong likelihood that many people would get bad assets just from changing their controls.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

lastmsg

no i just joined a game with the fix, there was no bad assets :) its safe

also the 1.3pb4a version is made :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mtmodmvyjye

Nielk1

Quote from: VSMIT on April 29, 2009, 04:41:02 PM
If key-links caused bad assets, there's a strong likelihood that many people would get bad assets just from changing their controls.

VSMIT.

It is the FILE VSMIT! The gameprefs.ini is asset checked.

Click on the image...

VSMIT