• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The year 2012 info

Started by Wraith, June 11, 2009, 10:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

If real life were anything like G66, it would have already erupted. 10 times in the last hour, actually.

Raven

Well, I live in the UK. A volcano eruption can be as big as it wants, I don't think it could cause an apocalypse :P

Mr X

Quote from: Raven on August 23, 2009, 05:12:11 AM
Well, I live in the UK. A volcano eruption can be as big as it wants, I don't think it could cause an apocalypse :P

Supervolcano actually, and it has been predicted that if it were to erupt the ash and smog would cover the whole world.

Interestingly though, wind currents would make the UK last to be hit, so we'd have longest to prepare.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Raven

AHadley

Where did I leave my space shuttle?

bigbadbogie

Supervolcanoes only go off once every 600,000 years or something.

Yellowstone National Park and Mt St Helens in America are both supervolcanoes. (Don't hold me to the latter though).

I think that there are other ones in Indonesia and probably South America.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Raven

Didn't Mt St Helens go off recently? Or was that just that it was 'due' ?

Rocket

QuoteSupervolcano actually, and it has been predicted that if it were to erupt the ash and smog would cover the whole world.

yup, i'm afraid of some smog, and possibly an inch of ash lying on my driveway.  :-P
Hidden Defenders Mod

mrtwosheds

You have to remember that "soon" to a geologist is a very very long time to everyone else. Volcanoes are very unpredictable.
Yep, Yellowstone is expected to explode sometime soon... in the next 50,000 years or so. It will be devastating for America, or whatever that continent is called (if at all) by then. As far as the UK is concerned the consequences are very predictable, it will be slightly more dingy and rain even more... :-D

VSMIT

Quote from: Raven on August 23, 2009, 04:29:11 PM
Didn't Mt St Helens go off recently? Or was that just that it was 'due' ?
It's "due" to go off.  Hasn't gone off yet.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 23, 2009, 04:17:35 PM
Supervolcanoes only go off once every 600,000 years or something.

Yellowstone National Park and Mt St Helens in America are both supervolcanoes. (Don't hold me to the latter though).

I think that there are other ones in Indonesia and probably South America.

How would we know? we live no more than 100 something
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

still, volcanoes and nature in general are very unpredictable. Yellowstone could go off in two minutes, a day, a year, a decade, a century, who knows? The media had hyped up all of this end of the world stuff solely for world coporations, especially here in America to sell out to the general public to purchase  goods to make a profit. People pay good money to see a decent end of the world movie. the movie 2012 is already starting to get a small yet good reputation.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Inferno388

I'm gonna see the movie just for its special effects, they look pretty awesome haha
although i think the general idea of the movie is fairly bland..doomsday theories have been around since the beginning of human history lol.
Theres bucket loads of information on the net about wat could happen on 2012 that arent just doomsday theories, some actually have scientific evidence to back them up which i thought was pretty cool and others are just speculations, just like the doomsday ones.
Guess we'll just have to see if anything happens! I plan to live life pretty fully just incase =P

Clavin12

Everyone will be quite disappointed if nothing happens then (which is more likely than not). But I have noticed that in this forum all of us have sort simply talked the calendar ending thing away. Who knows? maybe the ancient Mayans saw something that we don't or refuse to.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Quotemaybe the ancient Mayans saw something that we don't or refuse to.

Yeah... the still beating hearts of living children as they were cut out of their chests.

The Mayans were completely insane.

Don't heed any of their culture.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com