• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The year 2012 info

Started by Wraith, June 11, 2009, 10:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

I can't afford a basement. I am stuck in the greenhouse.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

King Gladiator

Quote from: Red Devil on July 06, 2009, 06:04:27 PM
Actually, due to recalculations performed in 525 by Dionysius Exiguus  (translation: Denny the Dwarf), *this* is the year 2012:

"However, in 535, a Christian scholar, Dionysius Exiguus, calculated that Jesus was born 538 years earlier, or 3 B.C.E."

http://www.mediahistory.umn.edu/archive/year.html

maybe they predicted Obama becoming president and ending the world  :evil:
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Clavin12

After all he could be considered kind of an anti-Christ.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

mrtwosheds

QuoteAfter all he could be considered kind of an anti-Christ.
Your last president was a better contender for that title, But we will just have to wait for the end of Obama's 2nd term too compare their body counts...

Nielk1

Quote from: mrtwosheds on July 10, 2009, 04:15:21 PM
Your last president was a better contender for that title, But we will just have to wait for the end of Obama's 2nd term too compare their body counts...

Bush definitively could not be, and Obama cannot be either. Many hated Bush as swayed by the media (mostly) and many hate the things Obama is doing with the bailouts and continued campaigning. Also, when does Obama suddenly show up in my Firefox Spellchecker? (not yet)

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Maybe we should all hate the media instead of any politician.
C l a v i n 1 2

mrtwosheds

Both deal in the deception of the masses for profit (of some sort or other) and we should be generally sceptical of anything they emit. But both, of course are also capable of being honest...when it suits them. Reading between their lines is a difficult art and is a skill that generally requires a long memory and a cynical heart. There are some things that "the media" will never discuss or report honestly on and only the most foolish or idealistic politicians would attempt to raise. It is a tragedy for humanity that one of these issues threatens our species long term survival.

Clavin12

If you look at the past the media has been more dishonest than honest though.
C l a v i n 1 2

King Gladiator

why should you use body counts to see who is a bad president? Is FDR going to be considered a horrible president because he was president of WWII? is Truman going to be considered a bad president because of the Korean War? Just because soldiers died in a war doesnt mean the man in charge is a bad person.

Quote from: Clavin12 on July 11, 2009, 08:33:47 AM
Maybe we should all hate the media instead of any politician.

I think thats the smartest thing youve said all year.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

mrtwosheds

Quotewhy should you use body counts to see who is a bad president?
QuoteAfter all he could be considered kind of an anti-Christ.
I don't know that an Anti-Christ would actually be a  bad president... I would judge his performance as an Anti-Christ by the body count produced under his command.

Always makes me laugh when the apparently devout, use their strange beliefs as a substitute for reasoned argument in the political arena, what better way to remove any lingering respect people may have for them, than by exposing them to the living sewer of lies and deceit that is called politics...

Clavin12

To know what an anti-christ is you have to know what a Christ is.
C l a v i n 1 2

Feared_1

Quote from: mrtwosheds on July 15, 2009, 11:52:03 AMAlways makes me laugh when the apparently devout, use their strange beliefs as a substitute for reasoned argument in the political arena, what better way to remove any lingering respect people may have for them, than by exposing them to the living sewer of lies and deceit that is called politics...

The "predicted events" of the year 2012 is not a "political arena" unless you make it political, which people here have obviously achieved just to let more people know what irks them (even though no one else cares... at all).

mrtwosheds

QuoteTo know what an anti-christ is you have to know what a Christ is.
Yes! and I am proudly uneducated in such matters and don't quite understand why You describe the new US president in such a way(?) The last one was also called such names, but then he started at least 2 wars and took decisions that lead directly to the deaths of countlessly large numbers of people, so it seemed justifiable.