• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The year 2012 info

Started by Wraith, June 11, 2009, 10:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Gladiator

this is my theory-some guy was chiseling the myan calender, got to 2012 and said to himself "you know, ive chiseled out about 2000 years from now, i want a pay raise or i quit."
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Sabre Tank

Wow. That stuff is the biggest load of bullcrap I have ever seen. Seriously, a visit from aliens? What the hell? Come on people, make a better lie.

mrtwosheds

Actually I thought the "visit from aliens" was probably the most likely one of all of them... :-D

Nielk1

I think the Mayans, like many other people of the time, knew a lot about the movements of the heavens, and based their calender on it. Thus, they ended at at a simple key point in time. That being the alignment. With no city lights, and not even a compass, all you had at night where the stars.

Click on the image...

@ the Mayans:

Even more shocking is the calendar I unearthed this morning...  hanging on my wall. 
It ends at the beginning of NEXT YEAR!!!
I'm already hoarding gas and food in anticipation...

:evil:

Seriously, there's ONLY so much room on that wheel, it had to end at some point...  maybe we just haven't found the second wheel!  Or the part where he chiseled 'continued on next wheel"...

@ Mars:

The planet COULD be terraformed but it'd be a mix of altering the planet AND altering the people/plants/animals.  Humans can live almost anywhere if they set their tiny little minds to it...

:)

-Av-

Red Devil

Yup; I've heard that people actually want to live in places like Detroit and Newark. *shudders*
What box???

AHadley

And in the middle of the Nevada desert too... :S

cheesepuffly

Are we sure it is "the end of the world"
instead of the "end of their calendar"?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

VSMIT

They didn't survive to 2012, obviously, so they must have thought that something must happen.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Quote from: VSMIT on July 06, 2009, 03:41:35 PM
They didn't survive to 2012, obviously, so they must have thought that something must happen.

OH MY GOD. MY COMPUTER ONLY GOES UP TO 12/31/2099!!!
THE WORLD WILL END THEN!

Just because their calender is a wheel everyone gets so confused. It is just like any other number system, it just so happens that when the calender ends is the point where they either A, have to count from zero again, or B, add another wheel or 'digit'

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Actually, due to recalculations performed in 525 by Dionysius Exiguus  (translation: Denny the Dwarf), *this* is the year 2012:

"However, in 535, a Christian scholar, Dionysius Exiguus, calculated that Jesus was born 538 years earlier, or 3 B.C.E."

http://www.mediahistory.umn.edu/archive/year.html
What box???

Nielk1

I did not read, but unless he noted something IN THE MAYAN CALENDAR, that is completely irrelevant info. I am getting really pissed off with some of the stupid things I have heard about how the Gregorian calendar changed so it's already 2012 (by this I mean the end of the Mayan calendar not just the year). Utter crap.

The year the Mayan Calendar ends WHEN IT IS CONVERTED TO OUR CURRENT CALENDAR, is 2012. Unless there is a mistake in the reading of the MAYAN calendar, this is the one and only truth.

Here is an example. Lets say 'One Impromtunit' or (IU) is equal to 1 Foot. Many people are saying things like, "it is already 2012", for reasons equal to saying that 1 IU is not 1 Foot because the length of the foot changed with every king although this stopped happening well before the calculation of equivalence was made.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Nope, sorry, you're wrong.
What box???

Nielk1

Quote from: Red Devil on July 06, 2009, 09:03:51 PM
Nope, sorry, you're wrong.

Yeah, one liners like that really explain nothing at all.

Click on the image...

technoid

This whole thing is just an end to a major cycle and a new one begins, as most believe.  In any case, start stocking up on Cheetos and Coke and live in the basement... oh wait, some of us already live normally like that.