• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

LAST chance to submit assets, maps or updates for TA5 E-Pack!

Started by TheJamsh, June 13, 2009, 08:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Submissions or assets for the TA5 Enhancement Pack is Now Closed

No details on the release date yet. Theres a lot of content that needs proper testing. I take NO credit or abuse for submissions from other users.

• Feel free to continue to post ideas, requests etc for the add-on and they will be considered and looked into.

Active Members with Access:
Myself
Nielk1
VSMIT
Warfreak
AHadley
Axeminister
BigBadBogie
GreenHeart
Wug
Cheesepuffly

To Be added: CM1, Datannti. (Once assets are in).

- If youre name appears in the list, you may download the current beta from BZComplex.com/mantis. You WILL need to register if you haven't before, and either myself or Nielk1 can give you access.

Those in the above list can continue to submit whenever they please.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

I can make my one suggestion about this: Make sure it doesn't cause bad assets with stock or call it a mod.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Axeminister

Will you be able to choose the e-pack like you do Steeveeo's ships before you begin?
Windy would like a special weapon crate that gives an empty/extra slot on whatever ship and next weapon you pick up fills the slot.
I just would like another distance cannon for the Scions. Would also like a read-me describing the enhancements.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

So far it is a set of fixes to actual broken things that are not MP safe and thus will be launched via their own shortcut like a mod. And a set of Recycler Variants and maps that will always be on.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

Why arn't these "actual broken" things subitted to 1.3?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Quote from: General BlackDragon on June 13, 2009, 08:13:05 PM
Why arn't these "actual broken" things subitted to 1.3?

Who says they aren't? It's your own fault for NEVER TESTING ANYMORE if you don't know.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

A lot of the fixes are mild things, spelling errors, fixing flickering pools or incorrectly coloured pools on some maps (due to lighting changes, not modifying things)

There are two new recycler variants of my own design (one defensive one not), the scions do have a couple of 'new' weapons and quite a few 'new' units for the scions. No long-range weapon at the moment though, i can add one if you like. got any examples? Essentially my RV is a very expanded and refined version of GreenHearts and Commando's, hopefully with more balancing fixes and a bit more expansion for the scions.

Unfortunately what windy wants isnt possible without extensive .dll work, and would only work in single player. sorry on that one!

Nielk1's Local Mod Manager tool is what launches the enhancement pack (similar idea to mod manager). it allows you to turn certain features on/off and optimize the game for either Single Player or Multi Player, you can play either, but single player will look different with all of the multiplayer fixes (team color skins), so these can be turned off for that.

TA5 e-pack is not a mod as such, its adding things and fixing things. A lot of the lighting problems are what i originally wanted to fix, but ive recently discovered i can't (TA5's current state does not allow it). Nevertheless there are a few tweaks to files and maps, fixing missing water tiles, texture problems etc.

Feel free to continue to post wants/ideas, just so long as i can start finalising everything by that date ill be happy.

Oh and axe, you have access to the beta version on the private 1.3 board, and you should have access to the mantis tracker on Nielk1's website as well, if not, just register there and i can add both you and windy so you can see whats going on.

Red Spot

In bzgame_stats.cfg at the bottom, make it look like this(seems a number of people find it annoying):

CreateControl("BackDrop", "WINDOW")
{
//ColorGroup("BACKGROUND");
Geometry("LEFT", "TOP");
Pos(10, 0);
Size(270, 120);
BevelSize(5);
BorderSize(5);
Style("TRANSPARENT", "INERT");
}

It gets rid of the dark "overlay"(its not a background) in the stats-screen. (Perhaps you can remove it alltogether but I'm not sure and this works just as well.)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

I might be able to remove that actually, a LOT of people find it annoying.

It is possible to get rid of it by pressing CTRL+ENTER then pressing it again. whenever you come in from the escape screen, the black background appears. if it can be fixed this way i will do it. Thanks for pointing out the .cfg part for me.

cheesepuffly

Two things,

1: I assume this wont fix any of the lagout bugs right?

2: Ive been seeing quite a few TA5.1 games, will this either
     A. Work with that out of the box
     B. Wait for it to be released
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

TheJamsh

TA5.1 is something totally different from this, so dont think of that as the addon-pack. The pack is for TA5 only, we'll cross any other bridges when we get there. Future releases depend on a number of things...

Also, the pack is not a code-change or a lagout fix (which have been fixed anyway). Its simply an asset add-on, so more maps, harder aips, new recycler variants etc.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: TheJamsh on June 14, 2009, 03:19:29 PM
TA5.1 is something totally different from this
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Also, the pack is not a code-change or a lagout fix (which have been fixed anyway).

1. What is it then

2. No, not really.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Quote from: cheesepuffly on June 14, 2009, 06:16:16 PM
2. No, not really.

Yes, yes really. I see 8 player STRATs in 1.3 now without one lag out and MPIs with 5 humans that go for hours without one lag out.

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

You gotta be kidding me. 

Ill admit its better, but no, i still lags almost as bad as PB4a.

Dont know what games you were in heheh.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Weren't you the 'golden host' who never lagged pb4a? What is this suddenly?

But yea, I was in a few games, but I mostly got reports from ppl afterward rather than first hand exp.

Click on the image...