• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ISDF Concepts

Started by General_Hoohah, June 15, 2009, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Compared to that I still use a hammer and chisel.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

I hereby call dibs on General_Hoohah.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

I already bagsied him for some stuff :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General_Hoohah

I pretty much finished it. Problem is... untriangulated, its nearly 3000. :( Doesn't matter to me though. I'm on a Phenom 3.2, 4Gb, 4870 X2 gaming system with 1000w of power. hehe I get about 325fps in BZ2.

ISDF V-Spec II Heavy Fighter (functions as a scout)

- Hollow frame (like a bird) for light weight and fast manuverability. You can actually see stright through many parts of it.
- High powered engines
- Quad Chain Guns, 2x Assault Missiles, 2x Combat Missiles, 1 Flax
- Fins on front rotate with jets for extra pitch manuverability

LOL, I hope theres a way to put that many weapons on a vehicle in BZ2.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

AHadley

Maximum 4, so you'll be OK with those.

TheJamsh

You wont, because its a maximum of five hardpoints :lol:

AHadley

Oh, is it? Interesting. Highest I've ever seen is four.

cheesepuffly

I knew that, you didnt?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

AHadley

General_Hoohah

cheesepuffly

Donno but five is enough.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

General_Hoohah

TheJamsh

no plans to raise the HP limit as far as im aware, as the interface might crap out

i know you can only have 4 different weapons at once, but split between five hardpoints.

Commando

Yes, you are limited to 4 distinct groups of hardpoints and a limit of 5 total hardpoints.  Look at the ISDF Sabre for an example.  It has 5 hardpoints.  1 cannon, 2 guns, 1 mortar, and 1 special.

I would love to see the total number of hardpoints raised, notice I did not say total number of groups.

Even if bz2 supported an array for one hardpoint, fired hardpoint alternating, would look cool.  For example the unit above only has one gun fire at a time, but there are 4 guns in the array.

GSH

Main thing is that I don't believe it's a change worth spending time on. Basically, I see having larger number of hardpoints/weapons/etc as a "mine is bigger than yours" war over a certain part of the male anatomy. Balance is better achieved when there's a fewer number of variables in play, rather than simply adding "more."

-- GSH