• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

ISDF Concepts

Started by General_Hoohah, June 15, 2009, 11:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Hoohah

Concept Designs by General Hoohah

I designed these vehicles for Cmdr Wayne, but since he never really got back to me about what he's doing with them, I'm giving my creations to the BZ2 Community... which is what I intended them to be used for. If you want to use my designs, don't steal them, use them for what they were designed to be used for and please contact me if you're interested.

These models are saved in Wings3D format. If you want them you'll need to get the file from me, load them in wings, and export them. Wings3D is a free program, just search google.

ISDF Saber GT Turbo Interceptor

Intended Design
- High speed interceptor/dog fighter vs scouts, tanks, and bombers.
- 1 canon, 2 machineguns, 1 jax
- Ion thrusters activated like a weapon and must be held down while in use.
- Normal max speed equal to scout, but with more power. Ion thrusters are 2x speed.
- Third picture highlights directional thrusters for jump, turning, and strafing jets. "tail light" looking jets in the back are normal thrusters. Large engines on spoiler are the turbo ion thrusters.
- "Saber GT" should be written on the side or badged on the rear.

ISDF Panther MA01 Support Tank

Intended Design
- Long distance support vehicle, fires heavy mortar-like assault canon, can shoot over land obstructions like a normal howitzer, but doubles as a normal tank as well. Canon raises higher with distance.

ISDF Anti-Assault Tank

Intended Design
- Fast treaded tank meant to rush assault tanks and walkers, cutting through their armor at point blank with Dual Assault SP Stabbers, dual machine guns for light vehicles
- Dual mortars cost extra
- Rims inside spin with the treads when you give it gas, the rear wheels also spin and are meant to keep the tank from flipping over while driving through trenches.

ISDF Raptor Heavy Assault Mech

Intended Design
- Extremely expensive
- Slow Moving
- Liquid cooled plasma stream canon takes a long time to charge, but is incredibly devistating
- Heavy miniguns great against heavy assault forces
- Twice the size of a walker.

ISDF M6E4 Automated Chaingun

Intended Design
- Meant for APC attacks and light vehicles
- Rips troops to shreds
- Dropped from another vehicle, not built

ISDF 4x4 Truck

Intended Design
- Cheap to build
- Light, fast, agile off roading vehicle.
- Back can be fitted with Chaingun, missile launcher, or mortar launcher.
- Early vehicle intended for early defence, raids, ambushes, and support.

ISDF Mine Layer

Intended Design
- Simple craft that can deploy a wide selection of useful mines
1. EMP Mine: When enemy gets too close, releases an EMP shockwave that immobilizes vehicles for 30 seconds.
2. Pop Mortar Mine: Launches 4 Pop Mortars when enemies are detected. Can attack 4 times, then self destructs, great against scouts and spies. Mortars are a bright in color and dobuel as a signal flare to warn you of enemy activity.
3. AP Rocket Mine: Single AP Rocket lauches into the underbelly of what ever enemy craft passes over it; good against slow assault vehicles.
4. Splinter Mine: When enemy craft aproaches Splinter Mortar rises out and sprays for 8 seconds then self distructs; good against groups
5. Tactical Nuclear Mine: Detonates when an enemy vehicle gets too close; good against groups
6. Jax Fountain Mine: Releases a flood of jax when enemy gets too close, damaging anything they touch; good against slow treaded assault vehicles.

ISDF Heavy Defence Battery

Intended Design
- Longer range heavy turret, designed to repel heavy forces
- Very Slow turning, but devistating twin explosive projectile cannons

Alien Heavy Cruiser/APC

Intended Design
- Combination of a assault tank, cruiser, and APC
- VERY large unit
- Slow turning, medium speed
- Devistating single heavy canon and twin 12x39 miniguns
- Great for protecing important convoys, and large groups, exceptional in base attacks.

Alien Arch Angel

Intended Design
- Instead of weapons, uses razor sharp nano blades which heat up, allowing them to slice through other vehicles, often destroying light vehicles in one swipe.
- Very fast moving, can turn quickly, light armor.
- I suggest adding canon hard points along the wings that are all activated when you press fire, with a near to zero firing range.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Nielk1

Interesting mines.

I have a mine that leaps up and explodes with shrapnel (high enough not to hurt the other mines) and a quake mine here. What other mine concepts do you have?

For me, these will be great concept ideas to borrow from when making my own models, so at the very least, thank you for that.

Some of them seem a bit high poly.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

I actually really like some of these, i like the originality and 'futuristic yet realistic' look of some of them.

I might have a proposition for you if you're not busy or fancy doing some modelling work? Im looking for modellers for Serenesis all the time. I have some of the best on the team already (Nielk1, VSMIT & Warfreak).

Only trouble is all three are often busy with other projects (NK & VS especially), in fact NK is helping me out with another project of mine. Although Serenesis is a long way from release, it does have some solid material in place, although it really needs a kick in the ass to get moving again. If youre interested let me know and we could work something out?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

They are very good.  How's the poly count?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General_Hoohah

Well I haven't done any modeling in a year... so my Wings skills are very VERY rusty. I plan on learning how to use it again. When I get the hang of it again, I'll let you know if I'm interested. I also have a camera and love taking all kinds of pictures, especially macro. So I can help with textures too.

Oh I have tons of ideas for mines... I just need to remember them... Let me think.

Head Knocker - Slams units together using gravity, causing massive damage.

Warp Mine - Traps a vechile in a warp field, causing it to spin at high speed. It will sustain damage if it touches anything while spinning

Sand Bag Mine - Shoots a projectile at a craft that minipulates space and time around the craft, increasing the weight of a vehicle until it can barely move. Lasts for 20 seconds then falls off.

Accoustic Mine - Shoots a projectile at a craft that attacks the ears of the pilot with a high pitch noise that also upsets his/her equalibrium, causing double and blurred vision. This would require coding. Expensive

Un-named Mine - Shoots a projectile at a craft that fouls up the flight control system if you try to pilot the vehicle. Left is right, right is left, forward is backwards, etc.

Sand Trap Mine - Covers a wheeled vehicles tracks/wheels with slippery ooze, slowing it down considerably. Only works on non-hovering vehicles.

Flash Mine - Launches a large flash grenade high up in the air, blinding anyone near by. Also serves as a warning flare from farther distances, to enemy incommings.

Pinwheel Mine - Large devistating mine that launches a large spinning disk which shoots out a barrage of lasers for a full minute, then self destructs.

Flare Mine - launches bright red flares when ever it senses an enemy. Cheap to place, lasts forever unless destroyed, never runs out of ammo, great around base perimiters for attack warnings around hitten terrain. Senses enemies up to 100 meters.

Ion Mine - Shoots any nearby enemies with an ion gun, disabling them as long as they are continuously shot. Only attacks 1 enemy at a time. Works well on slow lumbering units, not so well on fast units.

Flash Mine - Activates 5 seconds after being layed. Mine sits up in the air and spins slowly while shooting a flash beam. Lasts 20 seconds. Beam causes medium-light damage.

Blindness Mine - Sprays a near by craft with black liquid, covering the cockpit, and blinding the pilot. Lasts for 30 seconds. Expensive

I've probably though of a lot more than that.

General BlackDragon

i remember those ships! <3 HAI!

*****General BlackDragon*****

Clavin12

What if there was a ship hich could change hardpoints. For example go from gun to cannon to missle and stuff like that. you could limit it, for example a ship with one hardpoint which can switch between mortar and mine but no other hard points. stuff like this.
C l a v i n 1 2

General_Hoohah

The NSDF light tank from BZ1 does that... otherwise I don't know what you're trying to say.

Also, sorry but the Wings3D files are unavailable right now. My system is quarantined until General Manson can remove some worms from it.

And hi BlackDragon.

VSMIT

When you can get to them, could you send them to me?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

mrtwosheds

Um, no skins? Uv mapped?

General_Hoohah

I'm a concept artist. I do that instead of sketches. I don't know how to do that kind of work. Hey, at least this way some of the work is done instead of trying to replicate some sketches.

I also know how to do a little bit of texturing. Brick, stone, sand, dirt, plant, rusted metal, etc.

CivBase

Oooo... love the alien heavy cruiser / APC!

Wish I could do 3D modeling...

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Commando

The Alien Arch Angel can work without any weapons whatsoever.  GSH added a setting that determines how much damage a ship dishes out during a collision.

[GameObjectClass]
DAMAGE_SCALE = 1e6

Applying that to an ISDF Scout will easily kill an ISDF Recycler Vehicle during a collision.

The only problem is the setting has no effect on buildings.

The Arch Angel is awesome, and while I like the 'ramming' idea (Krogs?  Anyone? :) )  I think every ship needs a variety of weapons to make them interesting...

To that end it should be a morph tank:

Unmorphed it would be slower and less maneuverable, and 'fire' a wave like weapon that used a mesh to match the shape of the ship's hull.  So, it would be shooting out a "U" shaped wave that damaged anything it hit.  Picture it shooting out 'energy horseshoes', with the open end pointing backward towards the ship.  Bonus points if the wave was a pulse shell type weapon that passed through multiple objects and damaged them all as it did so.  More points if it's serrated, like the ship.  Maybe, since slow, it could have a shield when in this mode.

Morphed it would extend glowing, smoking edges and pick up speed and maneuverability, ramming things to damage them.  Have it VERY fast and maneuverable, and have a very distinct sound.  "What's that noise?  Uh oh..." SNIPPPPSWISHSLICE boom!  Rocket chair ride...   :)

-Av-