• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Roughdraft Submission - FE Sequel

Started by General_Hoohah, June 23, 2009, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

In aRc the current names I am working with as the main characters are:
Rosaline Torres and Daniel Bennet

I have them planned out down to their Meyers-Briggs Personality Classifications and the various inter character interactions that brings.

Click on the image...

General_Hoohah

And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

Clavin12

I thought we'd wait til we've decided weather or not to make a community project, then decide what mod it should be, and then decide what the heros name should be.
C l a v i n 1 2

General_Hoohah

I know... that name has just been stuck in the back of my head lol. Sorry.

Someone make a new topic that calls for a vote.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: VSMIT on June 24, 2009, 01:25:27 PM
Because you think nobody's as imaginative as you?

Forgotten Enemies was the first community project right? Remembered Allies is the opposite of Forgotten Enemies thus making sense as the next title.

And well, hard to say i think im fairly imaginative, im sure the Chezoria story isnt as good as the aRc one, but it will pass and you will wuv it when the time comes.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

General_Hoohah

There's that acrynym again. What is this aRc??

VSMIT

It's technically the name of a clan I was affiliated with a while back (it's since died), named Angels Reign Clear (I know, I didn't think of it), and was originally kind of a small group of modders (the clan leader had started 3D modeling in Rhino 3D) with some players mixed in, and since N1 and I joined, wanted to have a clan mod (kind of like the Starfleet mod).  Thus the aRc mod was born.  It's evolved considerably since its conception.

@cheesepuffly: Just because it's the opposite of Forgotten Enemies doesn't mean you get to parade it around as the de facto CP name.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General_Hoohah

Oh yeah. Sorry I'm not very good with acronyms. Unless its something I'm very familiar with like hp, psi, or rpm, then I easily forget what it stands for.

AHadley

General_Hoohah

From now on, I think I'm going to ask that if someone wants to help edit and write, they have to tell us what experience they have. You know, like college level english, if they excelled in highschool english, or now many years of role playing they've done.... if they've written anything, etc.

The reason why is, unless we do that, every noob in the forum will want to write a story for the mod.

VSMIT

Every noob on the forum should be allowed to write a story for the mod.  Doesn't mean they'll get chosen, but it's better than excluding them entirely.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General_Hoohah

Sorry, I didn't mean it the way that sounded. I just don't want all the good ideas to get burried under the many many ideas of everyone wanting their ideas heard. You know what I mean? The last time this happened, so many people had so many different ideas, it blew up in our faces. I'm so afriad of that happening again that I think we should put light limitations on who can do that, so the good ideas are heard and work actually gets done and 30 people aren't screaming out different ideas.

My intentions are good... I'm just not so great at wording it.  :-P

Anywho, I really love my story.... but it needs more. More drama more conflict. Something to really pull you into the story. Anyone got any ideas they'd like to share?

VSMIT

AFAIK, N1's already shared my idea with you.

And if people really want this to happen, they will read every single submission before making a decision.

General_Hoohah

AHadley and I were just brain storming, and came up with a GREAT IDEA!

Tell me what you think guys.

The race of war criminals could be an ancient race who commited crimes against their own kind through horrible genetic experiments with infants, to create the perfect super soldiers. They were successful! (kind of) The problem was the offspring of all their subjects. They slowly grew insane, then started mutating. They also give off strong pherimones that almost work like radar. It makes them perfect hunters since they're more organized in an instictual way, allowing them to attack like packs of animals, and immediately know who's friendly and who isn't. The ancient race couldn't kill off the result of their experiements with biowarefare because they were immune to everything. Worse yet, they started carrying diseases that were mutating.

The ancient race was punished for their evil through their own actions, and the plague they started grew out of control and now spreads terror throughout the galaxy. They are intelligent killing machines, bent on murder, void of any compassion or reason. All they care about is killing.

The ISDF is now forced to face them, but as a result its making them sick and ISDF. They're catching the diseases this race of monsters is carrying. All it takes is one rip in a suit on the battlefield, and for that person to be in contact with someone else or board a ship with other people.

Not only do you have to try to survive against the race of war criminals, but you also have to survive against the thread of disease. At the end the hero can get sick and nearly die, only to be saved the allied alien force who have the antidote.

What do you guys think? All I need is for someone smart to fill in some of the details. :D

VSMIT

Sounds extremely similar to the Swarm (minus the disease part) and the Zerg from SC (Again, minus the disease part).